Monday, September 18, 2006

I need to go ahead and blog about my visit with Tisha, but I'm just not quite ready to do it yet. There's all this stuff to do!

Some of it's silly.

Like, before I left for Levelland I started 2 projects: The first was converting my cds of STAR WARS: THE RADIO DRAMA into mp3s so I could listen to each entire series consecutively without switching out the disc every 2 episodes. I know, lazy AND silly. But also, if I ever want to put them on my ZVue -- and the thought occured to me before the trip -- they need to be in mp3 form, anyway. So making a disc will eventually help me out there.

The second project: Back in 1934, when Tarzan was still quite a new character, there was a radio serial called TARZAN AND THE DIAMOND OF ASHER. Actually, there were 3 or 4 Tarzan serials. These were like the Saturday matinee serials that ran before double-features in movie theaters in the '50s, with the cliff-hanger ending. (Maybe where the movie studios got the idea, actually... I'll have to research that.) But anyway, for some reason DIAMOND OF ASHER is the serial that piques my interest. But when I started listening to it, I got annoyed because each episode is 15 minutes long, and each begins with about 3 minutes of opening music, then a minute or two of the narrator telling you what happened last time. And if you're listening to the episodes back-to-back, you JUST HEARD what happened last time. So I got this idea to chop off the opening of all but the first episode so I could listen to the entire story -- 39 episodes, total -- in a single sitting. (Maybe even fall asleep listening to it sometime.) But, unfortunately, such a frivolous endeavor never the less takes time to complete.

So while waiting for my Gnomey Goddess to wake up this evening, I completed those two projects instead of blogging about my trip.

And also, Brian and I spent some time on the Slasher screenplay!!! I was stuck with some background details that I needed to start Act II off with, and Brian helped me find them! So very soon, I will begin the Rough Draft (or maybe the "Test Draft", depending upon how well -- or badly -- it turns out, lol) of that script! Once the first draft is done we'll have a much better idea about how soon we'll be able to pitch it and start working on getting our financing! (Woo-hoo!)

But when Brian and I start talking about any one project, we naturally start talking about other projects, too. His new schedule keeps us from being able to chat like we used to, so when we get in Creative Mode we can't ONLY work on one project. Poor guy hasn't been able to work on his screenplay for about a month now because of his new job. :( And because I can't be sure of when he and I will have time to work together, I focus my attention on the project I know I can write mostly alone. So I haven't really been thinking about his script when he and I aren't talking about it.

OOH! On a completely tangential (am I using that work correctly?) note: I discovered that Wendy shares my love of Anshelm Keifer!!! HOW COOL IS THAT! The ONE artist (Modern Artist, no less) whose work excites me, someone who is relatively obscure unless you're jusy WAY deep into the Art scene, and Wendy not only knows who he is but love him, too!!! (In fact, she was surprised that I know who he is, lol!)

OMG!!! You should have SEEN her when she woke up this morning!!! You know the old joke about going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2? Well that is most definitely NOT my Gnomey Goddess!!! I have sen her just before she goes out, just after she gets back from going out, just before she goes to sleep -- got to actually watch her fall asleep once, heheh -- when she's just bummin' around the house and when she's just woken up, and that woman is ALWAYS an 11!!! I have yet to see her NOT look flat-out GREAT!

Sorry... Relaying the Art discussion I remembered what she looked like when we were talking and I HAD TO share, hee-hee. :D

Damn! I gotta finish that screenplay so I can buy us a house and move her into it, lol! I want her to be the last thing I see every night and the first thing I see every morning!!!

Damn! I wish I was her lover! I'd love her till the daylight comes, make sure she is smiling and warm! Damn! For me there is no other! (Apologies to Sophie B. Hawkins, heheh)

I'll blog about the trip soon, I promise...

No comments: