Monday, September 25, 2006

11 Pages Down :)

I started the screenplay last night! :D Yay!

THE screenplay, the one we're going to get financing to shoot in 2007!!!

On or around Monday, October 23rd I will make an entry stating that I've finished the Rough Draft of the script! :D

Lot's of Smiley Faces 'cause I'm really excited!

I enlisted my Gnomey's help, too, and she agreed! :) In fact, my original due date was October 9th, but then she got all seriosu and started breaking down the actual writing time I have in my week, and it turns out that I can -- theoretically -- squeeze in 40 hours of writing time... IF I am able to be creative the moment I get up until the moment I go to work, then be creative again the moment I get home until the moment I got to sleep.

Not gonna happen.

Practically speaking, I have 30 hours, and that sounds about right for a part-time job. (A SECOND job, too.)

Now, the goal of this script is to make writing -- and filmmaking -- my PRIMARY job, but from a practical standpoint it's a second job.

But I have only considered this because Wendy embraced my request for help and got really serious about it, lol. (Even going so far as to threaten less Gnomey Time if I didn't make my schedule! That's what made me really take a serious, practical look at this schedule, lol!) Bless her!!!

She is the first girlfriend I have had that has not only respected how seriously writing is to me, but actually rewarded me for keeping up with my page-count and (threatened to) penalized me for not! I mean, this really means something to her!!! I have longed for, dreamed of, actually asked God for a woman like this, AND HERE SHE IS!!!

With past girlfriends it's alway been theoretical -- writing was something I did when they weren't around, and it might be a bit of a turn-on that I did it, and sometimes they enjoy the pages that magically appeared from nowhere every now and then, but they didn't want to have to actually DEAL with it in any way. My Gnomey Goddess would go so far as to say "Every time we talk I'm gonna ask you how many pages you've written, and if you haven't written enough no Naughty Gnomage for you"!!! (She was so adorable when she said it too, even though it was PERFECTLY CLEAR that she wasn't being cute or joking, lol!)

I love her so much! It seriously seems like she may have been the missing element, the reason I haven't succeeded in the past. I can't fully articulate it, but looking at how things have progressed in the 42 days we've been together, it's hard to deny the effect, even if the cause eludes me!

And actually, my Writing Time is coming up in 10 minutes, so I need to sign-off. If you don't hear from me for a while, that's why.

PEACE!!!

No comments: