Monday, August 15, 2005

One of the Reasons I Don't Have Cable...

...is that there are just other ways I prefer to spend my infinitesimal "disposable" income.

BUT I do miss Adult Swim, some of the toons I consider "Late Night Toons". You know, the stuff you watch at 3 in the morning and try not to laugh TOO loudly at.

When my Pops passed away in April, I stayed the night with my Mom (natch), and to help me doze I lat Cartoon Network play. And what happened to be on at the time was an episode of SEALAB 2021. IT WAS HYSTERICAL! I couldn't get to sleep because I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing!

And for the last week or so -- for some reason I have NO IDEA about -- I've been craving some Late Night Toons. PARTICULARLY SEALAB 2021, but also some classic REN & STIMPY.

And then, when I think of Late Night Toons I am reminded that I'm still missing the 3rd and last disc of INVADER ZIM...

So yesterday I, perhaps unwisely, purchased SEALAB 2021: SEASON ONE, THE REN & STIMPY SHOW, SEASON'S 1&2 UNCUT, a INVADER ZIM, VOLUME 3: HORRIBLE HOLIDAY CHEER!!!

I had actually FORGOTTEN how genius REN & STIMPY is!!! And SEALAB 2021 is actually funnier than I remembered!

And I feel confident that I probably made a good choice, because Brian fell aleep on the couch watching INVADER ZIM, and was watching it again when I got up and made breakfast.

You know, I think sometimes ya just gotta splurge on whatever it is that ignites your imagination. And makes you feel all comfy & cozy & safe.

...

Or perhaps the philosophizing is just me attempting to rationalize what everyone else recognizes to be irresponsible spending...

...not that I really care either way. I need my Late Night Toons!!!

No comments: