Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ignoring The Evil Voices...

There's and episode of JUST SHOOT ME called "Puppetmaster" in which Laura San Giacomo is dating French Stewart. And French Stewart plays this guy who's got this puppet show on TV that he does himself.

After their a date Laura's character notices that a new character on the show says or does something that is very much like what happened on their date, only French's character seems to be criticizing her.

She talks to him about it, thinking that maybe she offended him, but he didn't know how to deal with it except by venting it on his show, with his puppet characters, but he assures her it's not a problem and that "they're just puppets".

Naturally, though, the situation progresses to the point where French's character is obviously very emotionally disturbed and he's using his puppet show to seriously mess with Laura's character's head!

Okay, I'm admitting here that I am not a well man. And the knowledge that there are actually a couple of people reading this is DANGEROUS in my hands!

As I sat down to update this, I had to fight off the wicked temptation to screw with 3 of my friends using this blog.

Doesn't matter who, just know that if I know you're probably reading this, I owe you a deep and sincere apology, and I offer it with all humility!!!

I'm bad...

Anyway, read Chapters 10 - 13 of the new Harry Potter book last night!!!

Didn't get any work done, but I found some time to read!

That's after Mom and Brian and I ate Chinese food. (Twin Lions.) And after I watched too much Neurotically Yours. (I bought the 2 dvds off their website, www.illwillpress.com.)

OOH! AND I've almost completed the second level of Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact!!! It's one of those in-between games that Eidos made, kind of a Tomb Raider 3.5, that only has, like, 5 levels. (They could sell them cheap enough to get you hooked, so you HAD TO buy the full games. Clever marketing!) My PC's so slow that I can only play the first 3 games on it -- and the only platform I have is Dreamcast because I bought it AFTER they stopped making new games for it, so I got it RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP -- so off-and-on I'll scour Half-price Books for old Tomb Raider games.

Actually, my friend Lisa got me hooked. I told her I had Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation on Dreamcast, and she told me she had the first Tomb Raider for PC and she let me have it. Playing Tomb Raider in my room -- so that I didn't dominate the TV and Brian could watch it -- was such a revelation for me that I had to track down all the PC Tomb Raider that my computer could handle!!!

So I've got the first 3 Tomb Raiders now, as well as Unfinished Business (TR 1.5) and The Lost Artifact (TR 3.5). And I don't know if there's a TR 2.5 out there, but if there is I'll need to get that, too! Otherwise, I've got all the Tomb Raider I can handle until I upgrade my computer -- which, considering the fact that what disposable income I have goes to dvds -- isn't going to be any time soon.

Still, I got stuck on Level 2 of Lost Artifact for a while, and just didn't go back to it for the longest time because I was working on Ezekiel Hollow and the -------- project.

Until yesterday!

I sat down, worked out the scenario, worked through another sticking place, and now I'm obsessed again!!!

Blah.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go spend an hour or so with Laura Croft, then go to bed.

No comments: