Sunday, August 14, 2005

2.5 Foot Batman

For the past 3 weeks or so Brian and I have had a third roommate.

His name: Two And A Half Foot Batman.

I met him at Walmart and he told me he needed a place to stay, so I invited him to crash with me and Brian.

He's kind of cool, but like all roommates, he can be trying some times.

Case in point:


Brian woke up from a post-work nap and took these pics.



As a matter of fact, I don't think Brian likes him very much. He calls Two And A Half Foot Batman "a criminal bastard", contending that he doubts 2.5 Foot Batman is trying to prevent crime when he goes out at night, but is committing it.

But Brian can overreact sometimes.

He even said once that he some times wakes up with 2.5 Foot Batman holding his nose, trying to suffocate him. But I'm pretty sure that Brian and I have been watching too much TWILIGHT ZONE lately.

2.5 Foot Batman is a little creepy sometimes, though. He's pretty humorless.

And a bit demanding.

The first couple of nights he was with us, not 5 minutes after he left the appartment we'd hear cats shrieking like banshees. And before, we'd hear that once every 3 or 4 months. But I'm pretty sure 2.5 Foot atman is picking fights with the local wildlife.

I confronted him after the second time this happened but he wouldn't really give me a straight answer. "I do what needs to be done," and stuff like that.

Not exactly a denial.

So I suggested, in as cool and non-confrontational a manner as I could, that maybe it would be best if he stayed indoors unless Brian and I are with him.

He said that was cool, and seems to be really grateful that Brian and I are giving him a place to live. (He keeps talking about remembering the location of his batcave, but the way he talks, I' kind of doubting he has a batcave. You know how it sounds when your you're in junior high and your geeky friend talks about his "girlfriend in Canada"? Or when your deadbeat friend makes a really big deal about how he was TOTALLY going to pay you back the money you loaned him this past paycheck, he had the money in his pocket and everything, but then something came up? That's kind of what Two And A Half Foot Batman sounds like when he talks about finding hi batcave.)

No comments: