Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Still Getting the Hang of This

Argh!

Okay, that first entry was just sort of a crap how-does-this-thing-work entry. Sorry. And the computer in my room is this Windows-98-running little thing that plays the first three Tomb Raiders well and runs Final Draft 7, and I guess I never imagined I'd really be asking it -- this specific computer -- to do much more.

Then I get addicted to SilentBobSpeaks.com and eventually decided that maybe blogging might be fun.

So last night I set up this blog on my brother/roomate Brian's computer -- he's got the POWER -- and when it's all nice and ready to go, I scurry back into my room to do some real soul-sharing...

...and I can't log in for the life of me!

It's around 6:00 am when I give it up and force mysefl to get some sleep. (Oh yeah, I'm a night owl who works from 4p to 2a, so my morning is... well, right now, actually.)

Blah.

So this morning I tried resetting my "privacy" option in my Internet Options from "They're Out To Get Ya" to "Not Everyone's Evil" and the site finally let me sign on!

Other than that, yesterday was pretty cool.

But maybe instead of recapping yesterday, I'll tell you a little about myself. I live in Austin, TX and work at a TV station. Nothing glamorous, I'm a master control operator, so I'm the techy who makes sure your programs get on the air when and how they're supposed to. (IF you live in Central Texas, that is, and are watching my station.) I live with my brother who is also one of my dearest friends. Whenever we can wrangle the resources, we make short films with another life-long best friend, Tommy.

Actually, Brian and I are ridiculously blessed, because we grew up in West Texas and moved away, ended up here in Central Texas, and then -- all independantly of each other -- most of our dearest friends from youth ended up here, too! Moreover, meeting each other as adults, we've all bonded -- so Brian's Best Friend growing up is now also my Best Friend and my Best Friend growing up is now Brian's Best Friend, too.

Well, there's more to it than that, really. That's just the super-simplified version. But whatever, that's enough for now.

Anyway, so Tommy is a mutaul friend and he directs most of the shorts we shoot.

Kelly is also a mutual friend and used to direct the other films we made, but he's in Hollywood now and most of our collaboration is via internet and cell phone.

And Traci is My Super-Hot Best Friend Whom I'll Never See Naked, and she acts in our movies, but she's not a film flunky like us. She's just really cool and super-smart and really, really enjoys films. But doesn't have an all-consuming desire to make them. (HOW is that POSSIBLE?!!)

Chuck is another long-time mutual friend who writes plays, but he's in Florida now, so we don't get to talk to him much.

Um... who else? I'm trying to give you a taste of the names you'll be reading here most.

Marvin is a friend we met here that makes films, but we can't afford him for our projects. He does Makeup and Special Makeup FX, and he's pro. So he's often -- so far -- pretty much a consultant a drinking buddy. (One day, though!!!)

So, okay, there's the cast. More or less.

And I guess this isn't much of a first entry, either, but I'm out of time. Gotta shower and throw some clothes on drag myself into work.

But first, a warning: Those cute little squirrels you see playing along the roadside as you drive, then "innocently" dart out in front of your car and cause you to swerve, they're out to get you! Those little monsters are waging psychological warfare on the human race, bent on our ultimate downfall! This isn't a call to arms here, oh no! Direct action against them will only bring our demise more quickly! They know what we think is cute and what we find disturbing, so they know a great deal more about us than we know about them. I'm just saying watch them. Learn. Because one day, brothers and sisters, the war will no longer be a cold one, and we must not be caught unawares!!!

No comments: