Friday, June 24, 2005

A Great Start to the Day!

I woke up this morning to a call from Tisha saying that she had seen BATMAN BEGINS last night!!!

Tisha is... a bit hard to explain. When I asked her how I could refer to her in the blog, she suggested the very clever title Tisha-My-Biological-Daughter-Whom-I-Didn't-Raise, but I think I'm getting bored with these hyphenated names. Particularly the long ones, as they take a great deal longer to write. Particularly for such a hot-off-the-fingertips, transitory medium as a web log.

So I'm simply going to call her Tisha, and if I mention "Tish" or "Tisha" or "my daughter", that's who I'm talking about. Suffice it to say that she is my daughter and I love her, but the person she calls Dad (and who is a FANTASTIC dad to her) is not me. I'm Ray Jay. Or just Ray. (When she was, like, 4 or so, I was Daddy Ray Ray.) And the reasons we are linked genetically, though not as father/daughter per se will not appear in this blog. If you're reading this and you don't know, you're not likely to find out. Accept and deal with it.


But the point is, WHAT A GREAT WAY TO WAKE UP!!!

I mean, I LOVE this movie, and I want as many people as possible to see this movie!!! And the fact that Tisha has seen it thrills me to no end!!!

Also, I dig on anything at all that Tisha and I have in common! I'm 34, she's 14. I'm a film flunky and she's an athlete. I was "one of those theatre wierdoes" (a.k.a. "a nerd") in school and she's much beloved by many. I'm a guy, she's a girl. You get the picture.

We don't naturally have a lot in common.

Which, don't get me wrong, is WAY COOL!!! I LOVE hearing her perspective and opinions of things, because it gives me a great deal of insight into I world which would otherwise be inaccessible to me! I mean, my nearest, dearest friends and I aren't carbon copies of each other, but we share a lot of common likes and dislikes.

But through Tisha I get a glimpse of this whole other way of looking at things!!! It's GENIUS!!!

So anyway, Tisha saw the movie, and that's ANOTHER bit of language that we share now!

Also -- and this THRILLS ME TO DEATH -- she's gotten into BUFFY in syndication!!! (If, by any chance, you're reading this blog and DON'T actually know me personally, I'm a HUGE Joss Whedon fan!!! So Tisha discovering BUFFY is just one of the thrills of my life! Does that make me a sad, sad little man?)

Also, Kelly called me tonight: He saw BATMAN BEGINS, too! Actually, as I type this I'm waiting for him to call back. he had work-stuff to do.

OH, and HEY!!! I'm got some more pages on EZEKIEL HOLLOW -- my 6-part audio miniseries -- done tonight! Tonight's 2 or so pages actually spill over onto Page 7, so YAY!

I'm continuing to feel confident about this production.

I even went online to try to find companies that distribute audioplays, but with no real success.
Which is cool. We're at least -- at LEAST -- 8 months away from production of this puppy, so I'm in no real rush. (Writing is my first priority right now.) But still...

I'm growing more and more facinated by Above the Title Productions. They seem to be based in Britan, so I don't know how hard they would be to get in touch with. But they seem to be really doing the work, plus they have a relationship with BBC Radio -- who broadcast audioplays -- so I think I'll be keeping an eye on them for a while...

Blah.

Anyway, that's today's entry.

PEACE!!!

No comments: