Saturday, June 04, 2005

Got A Pic Up!

I managed to get a picture onto my Profile!!!

YAY ME!

Still not sure how I did it -- programs talked to each other and said some stuff to me, but I'm not sure exactly what -- but it's there!

It's not a great pic. The resolution sucks. I need some new e-pics taken with a decent camera. But this pic will do for now.

Anyway...

I'm having a geeky-great time today! My friend Kelly -- the one LA ones -- has recently discovered the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series (Primary Phase), but hasn't been able to bring himself to finish it: He listens to Side 1 over and over (he only has an audio-cassette player in his car and he drives a lot) because he doesn't want it to be over.

I just happen to have the cd version of the Tertiary Phase, and a I recorded the Quandary Phase off BBC4 (which naturally won't prevent me from buying the official cd version the moment it becomes available here in the States) and so I'm making some audio tapes for him! So he can finish listening to his Primary Phase tape with the reassurance that he has more of Adams's brilliant universe to explore.

And I'm geeking-out with this! I recorded this little intro to give him some historical backstory on the Hitchhikers series, I'm including trailers from BBC4's website, just the whole 9 yards! It's got the audio-cassette equivalent of dvd extras.

And this is fun for me. This is how I choose to spend my Saturday night.

Pathetic? Probably.

But for me, this is better than a lot of parties I've been to recently! I mean, I get to listen to Douglas Adam's wit for hours, and I get to share his genius with someone who appreciates it! Isn't that the real answer to the question of Life, the Universe and Everything?

Well... Work for me, anyway.

Ooh! Ooh! And Traci, My Super-Hot Best Friend Whom I Will Never See Naked, is supposed to call me later! So that'll be fun. (When we're not talking in person, I get to imagine she's wearing anything I want!!! You'd be surprised how stimulating a conversation about, say, the weather can be when you're talking to a super-hotty wearing a French Made outfit!!!)

Am I a bad person?

No comments: