Sunday, June 12, 2005

Diggin' My Life

This is why it's great to be me...

Okay, so I spent most of my day burning discs -- including some great Mercury Theatre On The Air shows including Orson Wells's versions of Only Angels Have Wings & Treasure Island!!! -- and I finally finished watching The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou -- and I ended up really liking it; the first Wes Anderson movie I liked! -- but Brian and I had a meeting in which we worked out our next audio miniseries: Port Blood!!! It's a pirate adventure!!!

How cool is that?!! Brian and I are sitting around talking about just... stuff, and then half an hour later we have a good, sound basis for a second audio minisiereis!!!

See, this is why I think creative people should be roommates!!! Particularly during the creative process! Work gets done when your not even trying to do work!

Those are the BEST meetings, too. Because basically, other meetings -- the planned ones -- are pretty much people sitting around, justifying their jobs to each other. "You see, the reason you can't fire me is because I..." But the spontaneous ones are, like, hyper-productive because none of it's crap. I mean, it's all crap because it's just talking, and so without the feeling of needing to perform, the crap-crap gets quickly dismissed and the good ideas just sort of naturally sweep in to fill the vaccuum.

Okay, watching Momento with Brian now so... BYE!!!

No comments: