Saturday, June 11, 2005

Homestar Runner LIVE! Old School!!!

That's what it saidon the marquee at the Alamo Drafthouse Downtown tonight. Not sure exactly what it means...

But bad news first. (I like to finish my green beans before I chow on my apple cobbler...)

I'm writing this on the Internet computer Brian set up in the living room because I'm not on the Net anymore... I got sassy with some files that looked like they were just ad/pop-up facilitaors, but apparently one of them was actually necessary for connecting to the Net. That, or I somehow lost the settings formy LAN connection.

In either case, I broke my Internet... :(

So now I'm typing rather uncomfortably on an old keyboard with keys that stick.

But the good news...

Brian and I got to see the creators of www.homestarrunner.com live tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse!!! It was awesome!!! So inspiring!!! I mean, they're just these guys who have this creativity, and the worked at it for a while for free, and now they do it full-time!!!

DUDE!!!

And they're fun!!! And they're funny!!! And I just wish all my friends could have been their to enjoy it with us!!!

But still, being a selfish bastard by nature, the most important thing to me is that The Edwards Boys gotto the The Brothers Chap in person!!!

IN FACT... I had to use the restroom after, and Matt Chapman (the voices) was RIGHT BEHIND ME IN LINE!!! He was enagged in conversation with a couple of other people -- one of whom was a rather shapely young lady bearing a T-shirt sporting one of his/his brother's creations upon her rather shapely chest -- so I didn't actually get to speak with him, but that's fine! I got to stand in front of him in line!!!

(Dude, I swear! If he had just a second to talk I would have let him cut in front of me! Really!!!)

But I'm cutting this entry short. Poor Brian had to work 11 hours straight to get off in time to see the show, and this space bar just couldn't be any louder!!! And I'd hate to wake him!

So that's all for now.

No comments: