Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What's The Opposite of Narcolepsy?

Okay, so yesterday was just plain WEIRD for me...

It kinda started Sunday.

When I got home from work I surfed the Net for a while and listened to some podcasts and just generally did my normal winding-down thing. Then I went to bed.

And I laid there for a couple of hours, unable to sleep.

After a couple of hours I got tired of trying to sleep, so I got up and went online to see if my baby had logged in yet. She was eating, so I occupied myself until she was back. I chatted with Brian and stuff.

When she came online we hung out, and it was REALLY COOL!!! I got to spend several hours with my Sweety, hours I normally would have been sleeping, so no complaints there.

Then the day turned into evening and it was half an hour before Brian & Mom & I do our Family Dinner thing, so I called Mom and asked if she wanted to go to dinner early, and we did and it was all cool.

I got home stuffed, and dead-tired (natch... I hadn't slept all day). So I gave myself half an hour to digest and went to sleep.

And woke up around 1:00 am. (I really don't remember now, and I think you'll come to understand why the details are hazy.) I did some laundry I had put off for 2 weeks, then waited for Gnomey to wake up.

We got to spend some time together and it was really cool (seriously, just really joyous for me!) and then she had to go to work. I messed around on the computer some more, then went to bed.

...and AGAIN I was unable to sleep.

See, this is BAD because Tommy was supposed to come over yesterday so we could start working on our movie. I NEEDED SLEEP.

But, again, I found myself unable to get any. Brian went to work, worked a whole shift, and came home and I was still wide awake. I got to greet my baby when she got home from work.

Now here the details get even fuzzier...

It seems like she had some stuff to do, and it was maybe an hour before Tommy was going to get off work and come over, and I was finally feeling tired. So I decided to take a nap in my brother's room -- where this computer is -- so that when my baby IMed me the little sound that lets you know you've got a new IM would wake me up. I hoped to chat with her for a bit until Tommy arrived, then I'd get to work with the guys.

I woke up a little after 9:30 pm or 9:40 pm, Brian was asleep, Tommy's beer was in the fridge (suggesting that he had, indeed, come and gone) and Brian had picked up some fajitas for me, lol.

I was starving, so I ate, then set up camp in Brian's room again. (He sleeps on the couch, if I haven't mentioned it before, so his room is wide open. Plus, I can close his door if I'm watching video or listening to a podcast on the computer -- as opposed to the iPod -- and not wake him.)

I ended up dozing for a couple more hours, waking up every 20 minuts or so to see how long I had been asleep and whether Wendy had signed in. I think around 12:30 am I was finally up for good and watched a movie on the computer and listened to the first 2 SModcasts.

My Gnomey Goddess never signed-in, but that has happened before, when she woke up late and had to rush to get to work. It's now close to 1:00 pm her time, so she's definitely on her way to work right now.

And I need to go to bed.

And that scares me. Will I be able to get to sleep? I have to wake up at a certain time if I hope to spend time with Gnomey on my last day off, and if this insomnia crap kicks in again, there's no telling when I'll wake up after I eventually fall asleep!

I don't even know what's going on! I haven't been playing with speed or some drug that keeps you awake. I haven't even had any coffee or tea since Friday! So it's not a chemical thing. I just have NO IDEA what's up here. And tomorrow I go back to work, so I really need my sleep schedule to be in tact by 5:00 pm Wednesday or else I'll be nodding off at work. (Which is something that I CAN NOT let happen.)

I don't feel ill in any way. No cough, no sniffles, no tummy ache, no fever. Besides, when I'm sick I tend to ONLY sleep. There's no staying awake during daylight hours and then sleeping after the sun goes down... I'm ALSEEP.

So this is the damnedest thing, lol.

Anyway...

The sun is starting to peak through the clouds and my baby is at work by now, so wish me luck.

And if anyone has ever experienced something like this, please drop me a comment. This just straight-up baffles me.

PEACE!!!

Love to my Goddess!!! :D

No comments: