Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day Post-Mortem

I use this blog -- as most blogger do -- to vent my emotional shit. To expose to whomever the emotions that well up inside me so that they don't do me physical and mental damage.

And this blog entry is about the following subject:

MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE MOST AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND PERFECT WOMAN ON THIS PLANET!!!

Look, here's the thing: I'm a FREAK. A nerd. A loser with hopes -- dreams, plans -- of eventual greatness.

Though I am pretty hot (hehe) I'm not a perfect physical specimen. (No Brad Pitt am I.) Though I am smart, I'm SO not an Einstein. Though I am creative, I'm no Douglas Adams or Rod Serling or Michael Crichton.

And yet my baby seems (and Goddess knows why) to love me for who I AM.

But here's the truly romantic part, the really great part: She doesn't love me BLINDLY.

One of the hottest thing about my Goddess Gnomey is that she is HER OWN woman. She's lived Life and developed her own perspective, her own , opinions, her own take on Life, the Universe, and Everything.

And she has NO PROBLEM giving me shit when she thinks I need to hear it, lol!!!

In fact, she expressly told me once that it bugs her when people blog about their fights with loved ones, but I have to say this because it makes my point: Wendy and I fight.

And if you're in a relationship, I SERIOUSLY doubt that surprises you. Couples fight. It's part of the package. Couples do dirty, dirty things with each other that they'll NEVER tell their friends and family about, and couples fight, lol.

And my baby can HOLD HER OWN!!! I am SO SERIOUS when I say that I hope we NEVER get into a physical altercation because I can fight... And I fear that that woman can KICK MY ASS!!! :D

I'm not being "sweet" or "nice" either when I say that! She played Rugby when she was a child... This chick is TOUGH!

And that's one of the things I LOVE about her!!!

See, here's the point: I've got "casual friends" and I've got REAL fuckin' FRIENDS.

My casual friends try to tell me what I want to hear.

And that may seem like a nice way to live one's life, but here's the thing: When you want to tell stories for a living -- stories that will touch as many people as possible, stories that will MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of those who read, watch, hear those stories -- you NEED to know what's REAL.

One of my dearest friends, Kelly, will TEAR APPART a script that I've written and tell me that most of it is shit.

And I'll do the exact same thing to him.

It's not because either of us enjoys hurting the other. In fact, we would SO prefer to say to the other "OMG! That's the BEST story I've EVER READ!" It's easier that way. Nicer that way. It's a lot less strain on the friendship!

But when you submit a story to Money-People, you're very likely to hear "No, that's great... But it's just not what we're looking for." The Money-People don't care about you;p they just want you to not hate them (in case you DO write something they want to buy that will make them millions of dollars).

But FRIENDS care about YOU.

They don't want to see someone they care about embarrassed. They don't want to see someone they care about in shame. They want the rest of the world to see the greatness that THEY see in you.

And if that means fighting with you over s screenplay or novel for an hour and a half, they'll take that bullet, because it's NOTHING to them, it's just time.

Time wasted, sure... But it's just time.

And ultimately, friendships benefit from "wasted" time. All the hours you kill with each other add up to a solid and invaluable investment in the relationship.

So I'm watching BACK TO THE WELL: THE MAKING OF CLERKS II and every time Jen Schwalbach-Smith (Kevin Smith's wife) pops on-screen to tell the story of the making of that movie the way she perceived it, I get this swell of emotion for my own Gnomey!!!

She's this tight, little smart hotty who fell in love (I believe) with Kevin Smith's SPIRIT, and he with hers! And according to Smith's blogs, they fight plenty! They disagree plenty. And they fuck plenty, lol.

They are FRIENDS.

REAL FRIENDS.

They would rather fight with each other than let the other look stupid in public. They would rather fight with each other than let the other be embarrassed, they are THAT invested in the happiness of the person they love!

And that reminded me of why I fell in love with Gnomey Munts Munts in the first place.

Let's forget for a second that she's just the HOTTEST peice of woman I have ever seen.

Let's forget that she makes me laugh until I cry.

Let's forget that she has SO MUCH love inside her that she is sometimes hurt by the people she bestows that wealth of love upon.

Wendy is a REAL FRIEND!!! She seems to care AS MUCH about me as the people who have known me for 25 years or more!!!

Brian and I will fight about a stupid idea od mine. But he's MY BROTHER. he's kind of obligated (thought not really, knowing how siblings can drift apart as they age) to get my back.

Wendy has known me 6 months!

I mean C'MON!!! We have an Internet relationship! Neither party has to EVER see the other party's REAL side. And yet my baby tells it like IT IS. She tells me what she likes and doesn't like! She tells me what she believes and doesn't believe!

This woman is REAL!!! And THAT'S one of the things I love MOST about her!!! I can fuckin' TRUST her! If she says it, it's not bullshit. If she says it, that's what she really thinks!

How many friends do you have that you can say that about?

Cherish EVERY ONE of them!!! Because THEY got your back! THEY care about whether you succeed or fail! THEY want THE BEST that you can achieve in this life!

(Omg I SO wanna talk dirty to my Gnomey Goddess right now!!! lol)

But that's my big epiphany... The friends we have that don't necessarly tell us what we think we want to hear are the friends we can TRUST.

And THAT is one of the reasons I am THE LUCKIEST man in the world!!!

Plus, she's got so much love inside her that she can be sometimes hurt by the people upon whom she bestows that love.

Plus, she makes me laugh until I cry.

Plus she's the HOTTEST piece of woman I have EVER SEEN!!!

All in all, this has been a blissfully PROFOUND Valentine's Day for me, hee-hee!!!

I hope yours was as fuckin' SWEET as mine was!!!

:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this is really wonderful to read...and a pretty interesting post too...and thanks for sharing your views and experiences as well...well on this note i'd also like you to visit my Love Blog sometime and share check out all the wonderful stuff i've posted there!!!

RayJay said...

Yours is a WONDERFUL blog! Thank you! (One can never have too many eCards for loved-ones!!!)

:D