Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Star Trekkin' Across The Universe...

I'd like to introduce you to the United Federation of Planets' latest crewmember, DR. RUFUS!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Brian's been watching A LOT of Classic TREK recently and I got the idea that it would be cool to have a USS Enterprise Bridge in SecondLife.

And he agreed.

And a few days later (as I was still gathering reference materials for our endeavor) had already FINISHED IT!!! lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We haven't made our Classic TREK uniforms yet, though Brian's working on them, so I looked around SL a bit and found the film-franchise uniforms and bought one. It comes with a complete set of Command, Science, Medical and Engineering uniforms with all the ranks from Ensign to Captain.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I decided Dr. Rufus is a Lt. Commander. ( have NO IDEA if this is even acurate or not. I haven't bothered to track down Bones McCoy's rank, hehe, but I imagine myself chief medical officer.)

And, of course, what's the purpose of owning your own bridge of the Enterprise if you can't sit in the Captain's Chair?!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And through the power of digital image manipulation, I can have Dr. Rufus and Captain Rufus on the bridge at the same time!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bloody brilliant!!!

:D

Next step will be to completely populate the bridge with Rufuses in different types of uniforms, but that'll get tricky (because of the way SL's in-world camera works) so that'll be a project for another day.

Yes, I know I'm a nerd, hehe.

But so does my Gnomey Goddess! In fact, she fancies herself a nerd, too! So there! ;P (Hey, if she doesn't have a problem with being -- in her words -- "a sausage muncher" then how put-off could she be with my Star Trek obsession?) lol

No comments: