Monday, February 26, 2007

Ghost Rider for PS2

I just finished playing several levels of the new PS2 GHOST RIDER game!!!

I like it!

I bought it because (1) I love videogames, (2) I LOVE the character and (3) I have NO IDEA when I'll have the time/money to see the flick (hopefully on the Big Screen!!!) so I figured this game would somewhat slake my Ghost-Rider thirst.

And it really is! :D

It's pretty simple -- and I have NO PROBLEM with simple, hee-hee. There are on-foot levels and there are riding levels. In the on-foot levels you just gotta remember where your "Jump", "Light Attack" and "Heavy Attack" buttons are and you just keep pumping them in different combinations until you've decimated your opponents (of which there are MANY, even on the Easy Difficulty setting).

In that way it reminds me of the late, late arcade games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mortal Combat, only the graphics KICK ASS and you've got a 3-D perspective rather than the old-school 2-D screen.

Also, it's like old-school arcade games in that you get a Game Over screen after you die. That's one of the things I was happy to see gone when I started playing the newer console games. (I started with a Sega Saturn LONG AFTER the platform went defunct because I got it -- and several games -- for a sweet $25! Then my obsession grew until, early last year, I broke down and bought a PS2.) But the game's simplicity makes the Game Over aspect tolerable, because usually when you get close to the end of a level (so far, anyway) you don't have too much trouble getting back through the level, then getting past it.

The hardest part for me so far is the riding levels. I've never been good at driving games, because I tend to over-compensate. If I need to swerve left a little I tend to crash into the barrier at the FAR LEFT of whatever course I'm maneuvering. But either I've gotten better or game programmers have figured out how to give us game-driving-challenged gamers a bit of an assist. TOMB RAIDER LEGEND has at least one motorcycle level, and I can kick it's ass and really enjoy myself doing it. The same is more or less true about GHOST RIDER. There are some complex jumps and slides (where you have to slide sideways beneath a barrier or else get knocked off your bike and start over again) and I've been able to clear those levels eventually.

Brian closed tonight at work, and has to open this morning (that's a 6-hour turnaround!!!), so I thought I might help him get to sleep by letting him watch me play a few levels of Ghost Rider. It actually didn't put him to sleep, though, lol. Usually at the end of his day he can watch me play an hour -- maybe 2 -- of Tomb Raider or Resident Evil before he feels sleepy. With Ghost Rider (tonight, anyway) I ended up tiring-out before he did, lol.

The game can be a strain on the fingers and forearms, with all the continuous button-pushing, lol.

Still, it was fun! I played for mayeb 2 hours and cleared 3 or 4 levels! (I went online to verify just how many and how many I still have to go, but no one online has listed the levels. :( And, natch, I can't be bothered to at the moment, lol.)

It was nice talking to my baby tonight!!! I woke up a little early and took a quick shower so that she could see me NOT looking a mess, hee-hee. We didn't get to chat for long, but it was nice!!!

She'll be waking up in a couple of hours, so I'm excited about talking to her again!!! :D

Have I mentioned that my work week has been rough and I haven't gotten to see much of her?

If not, it has been and I haven't, so I'm going to enjoy every nano-second we get this weekend!!!

:D <3 x o x o x o

Ooh! And before I started gaming tonight Brian and I got to chat about some ideas we've each had about his alien comedy, so hopefully our meeting with Tommy tomorrow will be particularly fruitful!

We'll see. :)

Anyway, hope you all have a GREAT DAY!!!

And Wendy, I ADORE YOU TO BITS, BABY!!! xoxoxo

No comments: