Sunday, October 15, 2006

BEST Birthday EVER

EVER!

'Kay, so the 15th started at work, but it was a cake day; just babysitting the stations, really. On SatSun I only earn my pay when something goes wrong, and nothing went wrong.

So cool!

Then I get home & get to see my Baby, whom I've not seen for a day or so, so it was all the more impactful (if that a word?) when I saw her! And she wished me a happy birthday!

Ooh! She sent me this interactive Hallmark ecard: It's a bunch of tiny heart-shaped bubbles, and you have to pop them all to read the message!!! It was A BLAST!!!

Then we played several games of Minesweeper Flags: the first one we didn't get to finish because her Net messed up, but she was ahead 16 to 12; the second game I WON! Then she proceeded to school me each succeeding game, lol. But it was kinda cool winning the first (completed) game we played on my b-day. :D

Then after a couple of hours with her I partook ("partaked"?) in some adult beverages Brian had purchased while kicking zombie ass, then wacthed ED WOOD (for my third, maybe forth time!), which was great!

Then I woke up to my phone ringing just outside my door...

IT WAS WENDY CALLING ME!!! :D

Brian was in SecondLife, WITH HER, it turns out! And she was telling him to go in there and poke me with a stick and wake me up! (That's so very Her, lol!) She had called 5 times, and after the 5th time I called her back (so she didn't have to worry about using up her cell phone credit, hee-hee) and we chatted for a while until Mom came to pick Brian and me up for dinner.

OOH!!! And for dinner we ate at Double Dave's Pizzaria!!! If you have a Double Dave's where you live GO THERE! Order 3 or more Pepperonni Rolls and dip them in Ranch dressing!!! You will be SOOOOO GLAD you did!!! (I don't know if Double dave's is an Austin thing, or if they're everywhere. If they're not, come to Austin and eat there. I kid you not!)

It had been YEARS since I had enjoyed DD's astoundingly extasy-enducing Pepperonni Rolls w/Ranch, and they were EVERY BIT as orgasmic as I remembered them being!!!

So then after dinner Brian and I went in-world where my Baby had setup A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! Complete with a candle that you could blow out the candles on and presents!!!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that when I woke up, Brian was laughing hysterically! Apparently she and my li'l bro were having a lot of fun and getting along GREAT! I haven't heard him laugh that much while in SL in a long time, and it was WONDERFUL!!!

When we went back into SL the laughter continued, only this time I was part of it, too.

Then after my Gnomey Goddess decided to go to sleep (around 2a her time, lol) Brian took me to see THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING and it was ASTOUNDING!!!

First of all, every bit as good as the remake - which, in my opinion, kept the same spirit of the original but just added 30 years of cinematic evolution to it! It is a perfect horror movie!

Second of all, I have not been so deeply, utterly disturbed by a piece of celluloid in all my life!!! I was cringing through most of the movie, giggling to keep from crying! I spent huge chunks of the film with my hands over my mouth... really close to my eyes! There was one part that was so hideously WRONG that I ACTUALLY COVERED ONE OF MY EYES! I couldn't miss any of the movie, but I couldn't watch it with BOTH my eyes!

Jumped several times, but that's not necessarily the mark of a great horror film. Bad ones can make you jump, that's just a physical response to being startled. This movie DISTURBED ME!!! THAT is the mark of a great horror movie!!!

AND THIS WAS BRIAN'S SECOND TIME IN 3 DAYS TO SEE IT, lol!!!

Like 30 minutes into the movie (if that long) I turned to him and whispered "I can't believe this is your second time to watch this!" His reponse was "I saw the original, like, a hundred times", lol!

I've only seen the original a couple of times, and the remake 2 or 3.

I have no burning desire to see this one a second time... Not because it's not good, but because it's TOO good, lol! I'll TOTALLY buy it the day it comes out on dvd!!! And I'll watch it... then I'll remember why I didn't see it a second time in the theaters, lol!

GREAT Halloween movie, tho'!!! It was scary, it was exciting, it was tense, it was dreadful, it was disturbing, it was creepy!!! Every moment was crafted into this gloriously gruesome horror gem!

Made my little horror script look embarrassingly tame, lol!

In fact, I'm glad I saw it tonight because I'm rewriting it tomorrow and this was a great gage of the standard I want to attempt to live up to!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that when I woke up, Brian had a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte waiting for me!!! Being hung-over, this was a very helpful thing for me to wake up to! And the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are extra special because they're only around this time of year! (My favorite time of year!)

So not only was turning 36 NOT painful, it has been possibly (probably) THE BEST birthday I've ever had!!!

Now I'm gonna work on my current project, which has to do with the cool idea I had for an SL date for Gnomey and me! :D

Life is GOOD!!!

No comments: