Sunday, April 29, 2007

My I.Q. -- 133 or 125 apparently

Holy schiza, I just spent maybe half an hour reading old blog posts because I thought I had blogged about scoring a 135 I.Q. before. I skimmed from the beginning of my blog in May 2005 and made it through October 2005 before I decided "Screw it! It doesn't matter!"

I don't remember if or when I documented the results of my last www.tickle.com/test I.Q. test, but I remember that the score was impressively high.

So tonight I'm puttering around on the Net and see an ad for the Tickle.com I.Q. test and decide to try it again.

This time I scored a 133. If memory serves, I dropped 2 I.Q. points. :(

That's not even the worst part, lol.

At 133, though, my "Intellectual Type" is said to be "Insightful Linguist".

I can dig on that.

Apparently -- according to Tickle.com and their Classic I.Q. Test -- I am "highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist."

I can get behind that, too! :)

(I should HOPE I have the natural fluency of a writer!)

And if I wanted to purchase a 15-page report on the results of my test I could have. But it's rent time, so no such frivolities for me, lol.

Then I took this Career Interest Inventory and was informed that my "top career area is Fine Arts". I apparently am "a naturally creative person who possesses a unique perspective on the world, and ultimately" I "want to share that vision with others."

I know, you're shocked, right?

Still, I was enjoying the stimulation of these tests, so I decided to give the Super I.Q. Test a shot, and maybe even knock my score back up to the high 130s.

No such luck. :(

I dropped ANOTHER 8 POINTS, down to 125!!!

This is over the course of MAYBE an hour!!!

And I'm not drinkin' or anything! Just taking tests!

Still... I liked what this test had to say. The way I think about things makes me an "Intuitive Investigator," it would appear. And I can dig on that: I'm all about intuition and have been told mine is fairly keen, and I'm all about investigating -- students call it ""studying" and writers call it "research" but whatever you call it it's the acquisition of knowledge baby!!! Plus "Intuitive Investigator" sounds kind of supernatural, like I'm Allison DuBois or something! :)

The test results went on to tell me "you have multiple talents and can do anything you set your mind to. You're able to detect numerical patterns easily and are able to grasp the true complexity of the world, both in its details and in a more abstract form. You've got a sharp logical mind and are adept at using words to get even a difficult point across. The combination of all these things makes you truly brilliant."

Who doesn't want to hear THAT every once in a while? :D

So even though I'm not as intelligent as I was a year or 2 ago, I guess my ego can handle the blow.

Still, I was reading about I.Q. on Wikipedia.org and it appears that when examining I.Q. data they tend to group scores like Below 75, 75-90, 90-110, 110-125 and then Above 125. So even if I took a legitimate I.Q. test and came up 125, I'm still at the low end of the High End of the spectrum. So that's pretty cool, right?

I can't see myself taking an I.Q. test for real. My fear has always been that I might discover I'm not as smart as I think I am, lol.

When I admitted this to my friend Daniel A. (I know a few Daniels) he asked if I was afraid I might start doing stupid things "like putting thumb tacks on your peanut-butter and jelly sandwich?" LMAO :D I don't know why, but that mental image slays me!

I should probably be writing now.

I mean, I am writing, but I should probably be working on the short. Brian came up with a cool way to amp-up the horror element, and it was BRILLIANT! So I should probably be rewriting the script.

But I feel lazy.

Maybe I need a nap.

I wish I could snuggle up to my Gnomey Goddess. It's almost 9:00 am where she is. I'll bet she's nice and snuggle-able right now! :)

No comments: