Monday, April 23, 2007

DRIVE, Baby!!!

Okay, so I didn't end up getting a full night's sleep, so Brian and Mom and I did Family Dinner early, which turned out cool because we felt like Chinese and we hit the buffet before everyone else did and the meal was groovy!

BUT...

Due to the half-night's worth of sleep, I ended up crashing instead of going to see GRINDHOUSE. :(

But that's okay...

My dear friend Lothar gave me the series premier of DRIVE to watch, and it was REALLY COOL!!! I couldn't get it to work on the dvd player in the living room, so Brian didn't get to watch it wih me, but I just watched it on this computer and it was BAD-ASS!!! I'm jealous that I didn't think of the concept myself!

There's this manga called BATTLE ROYALE and it takes place in a dictatorial future wherein one of the most popular forms of entertainment is a Reality TV show in which a school is set against itself, and all the students try to kill each other to win the competition. I've only read the first 3 or 4 compilations -- because it's amazingly brutal and affecting -- so I don't know how it ends, but this new show DRIVE reminds me a great deal of that manga series. It seems to be like BATTLE ROYALE meets DEATH RACE 2000 combined in a really believable -- and therefore very SICK -- way, lol.

I haven't been able to chat with my Gnomey Goddess yet, but that's not particularly suprising since she wouldn't necessarily expect me to be online when I have been. I left her a voice-message, though, so I'm glad about that. As long as she ALWAYS feels HOW MUCH I love her, I'm happy; since I always -- ALWAYS -- feel cacooned in her love! :D

My friend, Lothar, wasn't particularly impressed with the series premeir of FRIVE, but I suspect that's because he didn't have quite enough beers in him when he watched it, lol. There's another episode airing tonight, and I hope he records it for me!

Tonight will be cool, no matter what (barring disaster, lol) because Brian and I are meant to see HOT FUZZ at the Drafthouse!!! That should be really bad-ass!!!

I've seen it online and it RULED THE WORLD, so it should be REALLY good on the Big Screen!

Shout-out to My Gnomey Goddess: I LOVE YOU, BABY, AND I ALWAYS WILL!!!

x o x o x o

No comments: