Thursday, April 19, 2007

DIRK GENTLY On BBC Radio 4!!!

I don't know how many people are Douglas Adams fanatics like me are out there, but here's some AMAZING news for you!!!

Dirk Maggs (the genius that brought THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY back to radio) is working on adapting the Dirk Gently novels for BBC 4!!! Wikipedia.org reports that this will run over the course of 3 series of 6 episodes each, 30 minutes long apeice. Wikipedia.org also says the first series will begin this october, but Dirk Maggs' website has the first series beginning in December of this year.

I am SO VERY EXCITED about this!!!

I had SO MUCH FUN 2 years ago logging on to BBC Radio's website to catch the last 2 HHGG series every Tuesday! And, naturally, hearing how amazingly well Maggs and Above The Line Productions did with the adaptations made me yearn for a Dirk Gently adaptation!

AND NOW I'M GONNA GET MY WISH!!!

(Now if I could just convince Disney to greenlight the next 4 HHGG sequels, lol. But then, if I'm wishing for impossible things I might as well wish that a treasure trove of unpublished Adams books be uncovered as well, lol.)

So, if there are any others out there who love whimsical, intelligent, surreal humor gear-up for BBC 4's run of Dirk Gently in December!!!

:D

________________________________________________________________

CORRECTION: I use BBC4 in the above entry when I really mean BBC Radio 4. My apologies for any confusion. I've changed the title and added the word "Radio" to clear that up a bit. (Thanks to Dirk Withnail.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there sexy baby...its ur gnomage!

i just thought i would leave u a good night message as i have a real bad head ache and cant get it to go away so i thought a good nights sleep would be good for me. work was ok for once..no stress *yay*. thought about u lots and lots hehe ...the naked dancing infront of me image really helps hehe so i must thank u.

anyway i love u lots and lots

xoxoxox Gnomey xoxoxoxo

RayJay said...

Hey sexy Gnomage... It's your baby! hee-hee :)

I love the thought of you getting a good night's sleep! Thank you for the message! And YAY! Naked Dancing worked! hehe :D

I love you so much and thank you very much for the message!!!

xoxoxo Ray Jay :D xoxoxo

Dirk Withnail said...

You got my hopes up for a second! BBC4 is a television channel and distinct from BBC Radio 4. Still good news though.

RayJay said...

Dirk,

Sorry about that! Stupid foriegner mistake on my part.

Although, if you compare the HITCHHIKERS television series to the radio series, I think we're better off with Dirk Gently on Radio 4 than BBC 4, lol.

Thanks for pointing that out to me!

:)