Tuesday, November 28, 2006

That's QUITE Enough Work For One Night

Okay, I had this dream last night, and it may make a VERY EFFECTIVE horror novel. I wasn't scared during the dream and didn't wake up all sweaty and anxious, but the subject matter was DEEPLY disturbing.

BUT... The dream gave me a MOST original monster that also is rich with thematic metaphor!

A gift from the Muses, one might say.

But to write a story one must do research.

The screenplay I wrote had me spending hours researching BDSM. So guess what I spent my night researching tonight.

Go one, guess...

CANNIBALISM!

Nice, huh?

Seriously, maybe horror isn't my genre. ;P

I mean, I like the spirituality of the tales I can tell without ruffling too many feathers, but the subject matter! Yick! (That's a melding of the phrases "yuck" and "ick", not a typo.)

Anyway...

I get the gift of a rich, and potentially very exciting story, and I complain about being forced to confront some uncomfortable aspects of humanity. How much of an ingrate am I, lol?

Ooh! Looks like my baby just signed into Messenger! :D

BYE!

No comments: