Monday, June 12, 2006

Just Defeated the High School!!!

Had a groovy day today. I build a Moon Base in SL for Brian's, like, 5th store. He really liked it :)

He had build this huge box that looked like you were walking around on the moon, and he wanted to put a store there, but he was running low on ideas. So I created this sort of Retro-Futuristic building with bay windows that looked out onto his moonscape, so that inside it, you get a sense that your actually in a structure on the moon!

Then he and I listend to Allison Dubois' second book WE ARE THEIR HEAVEN together! Some very great stuff in that book that spoke to us personally -- particularly reguarding our late father :)

I spent plenty more time in SL. Got to listen to some FIREFLY while I was in-world as Brian was watching it in the living room... Exposure to Joss Wheadon is ALWAYS a good thing!!!

Brian helped me figure out the next 5-10 pages of our feature screenplay. I kinda knew where I was headed, but he got me there :D

More SL...

Then I wrapped up my day by KICKING LEVEL 7's ASS!!! That's the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER game I'm refering to. I had mastered the level, but it ends with a boss battle. (Evil Anyanka, the vengence demon.) And it's just REALLY a pain in the ass!!!

But Brian watched as I played, and he gave me INVALUABLE tips each time I died, so that I finally was able to beat the level!!!

But then I realized that I had misses one of the 2 secrets!!!

In order to unlock all the extras -- such as interviews with Joss and the actors -- you have to get all the secrets.

So I replayed the level and, like a trooper, Brian sat right there with me and provided moral support!!! (THANK YOU, sir!!!)

And now I intend to fall asleep listening to some more of Mrs. Dubois' wisedom and insight.

:D

No comments: