Friday, June 23, 2006

And Thus Begins UBER FRIDAY :D

When I get off work tonight (Sauturday morning for the rest of you) I will be beginning an 11-DAY VACATION!!!

I am SO READY for a break, too! I'm not brunt-out, per se... But there's so much going on that work kind of distracts me from. So It'll be REALLY NICE to be able to choose where my attention goes for the next 11 days!!!

Got some fun stuff already planned...

Mom wants to drive to San marcus w/Brian and me Sunday. (She has to go there -- for some reason she refuses to divulge -- and she wants Brian and me with her on a test run so she knows where to exit and stuff on the day.) And we'll do our weekly Family Dinner thing in San Marcus.

Last night I bought 2 tickets to the 10:00 pm June 27th early screening of SUPERMAN RETURNS!!! So Brian and I are DEFINITELY going to see that!!! (BTW I'm, like, 180 into the 330+ page novelization of the flick, and it's gonna be GOOD!!!)

Brian and I are developing 2 feature-length screenplays now! (The one that is good-to-go first will be the one we make next year.) So it'll be GREAT to have the time to just toss ideas at each other and watch these stories grow!!! :D

I have some Old Time Radio to listen to, also: I got the complete HORATIO HORNBLOWER radio series, 2 discs of LUX RADIO movies adapted for the Theatre of the Mind, and a disc of Sci-Fi Favorites!

Moreover, I think I found a Savegame for BUFFY, which I will try to get onto my PS2 memory card during this vacation. (That way I can play all the levels and just skip those annoying-ass Boss Battles!) And even if I can't get the Savegame onto my memory card, I'll most likely spend a day or so just replaying BUFFY from the start, just 'cause I love it so!

I have some movies to watch, too!!! I just recently aquired this Chinese horror flick called A TALE OF TWO SISTERS... Looks COOL! And I haven't seen THE EYE 2 yet! (Although, I'll probably want to rewatch THE EYE before I do... Just to refresh my memory.)

Also, when I return to work I'll be on an overnight schedule. So I'll be able to reset my sleep schedule over the course of this next 11 days. (I'll need to start going to bed at 10:00 am so I can wake up at 6:00 pm. FULL-ON Vampire Hours now.)

Originally, I asked for this time off so Brian and I could drive to Florida and watch our good friend Chuck's production of Othello... But I realized at the beginning of the month that we wouldn't have the money :( So that's kind of bittersweet. And I'm hoping I'll be able to get a hold of him sometime during this time off.

Still, it feels almost like the last day of school before Summer Vacation :D

Except for the fact that I will be working my ass off -- probably for all 10 hours of my shift -- from the time I get to work until sweet, sweet release tongiht (tomorrow morning).

But stilll... 11 DAYS!!! :)

No comments: