Saturday, June 10, 2006

I Am Living In A Magical Time

I'm writing this entry for me ;)

I just got off the phone with my friend Kelly in L.A. (actually, my phone ran out of juice and died) and he was telling me about the days he has had working for M. Studios. We were in the midst of a VERY COOL conversation about the new Superman movie, and the previous (donner-directed) ones.

The first time he called I was on the phone with someone special to me.

At work, earlier, I got a call from my friend Kal who is back in Texas for the time being -- he has spent the last several years in L.A. -- which is in really good timing with Tommy and Brian and I shooting this summer's short and next year (hopefully) shooting our first professional feature.

Before that I took a break from work to talk to the above-mentioned Someone Special.

And now, as I type this, my brother's asleep on the couch in the living room with THE TICK on the PS2.

I'm writing this because I will look back on this in a few years with fond memories of "where it all began". Things are coalescing (sp?) in my life, and I can sense it. Puzzle pieces, sought after for more than a decade, are coming together, showing me where they should be placed.

And a few years from now I will ask myself "What was the Starting Point? Where did it all begin to come together?"

And I will have this entry in my blog to remind me.

I invite anyone reading this to examine the quirky details of their life, the last couple of months, and see if maybe they're at an important intersaection of their lives that they may want to remember. You know if you are. Listen to the quiet whispers in your ear and trust what they have to say. Not the noisy cacophony of voices, but the really quiet ones. I'll bet as you read this, events and circumstances are converging in such a way as to reveal a long-hoped-for path that you may not have known you could travel.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!

No comments: