Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen...

Brian & I got to see it Monday!!! :D

Brian's a huge Transformers fan from back in the '80s -- he had the toys and watched the TV show and all that -- and we both loved the first flick, so it was quite amazing when we both happened to find ourselves with enough money, AND both off work, so that we could both see it on the Big Screen!!!

IT ROCKS!

I mean, if you're into those movies. I'm the one film flunky I know that does not hate Michael Bay's work -- I think his movies are exciting, and he really seems to understand the importance of what his writers do for his flick, unlike MANY directors I could name (*cough* Bret Ratner *cough* asshole jerk-off hack *cough*) -- and I thought the first flick was intensely FUN!!!

And we weren't disappointed with this follow up!!! :D Very cool!

Then we spent Tuesday catching up on Reaper! We finished off season 1 and watched the first 3 discs of Season 2.

THAT SHOW RULES!!!

I mean, I liked Season 1 a lot! I like the characters, the world, the relationships... But with season 2 it's like the writers/producers just said "Okay, we've got a great show... Now let's make it BADASS!!!: And they SO succeeded!!!

Um...

Oh yeah! I just discovered HOURS of new OTR Goodness!!!

Okay, there's TONS of OTR out there, and even those of us who are obsessed with it can continuously find shows that we haven't heard out there -- most of them 100% because they're in the Public Domain -- and just never be without audral entertainment.

But...

We're talking about radio produced anywhere from the 1930s to the 1960s, and the recording equipment back then wasn't that reliable. As you listen to these masterpieces of storytelling, you're also trying to ignore poor sound quality.

However...

I only just discovered this show called CBS Radio Mystery Theater that began (I believe) in 1974 and broadcast until 1982!!! :D Which means that the equipment used to produce and record the shows was much better! You've got great Old Time Radio that SOUNDS GOOD, too!!!

I had heard about CBS Radio Mystery Theater before, and even listened to a few episodes off sampler or genre-themed discs that I've bought in the past. But I didn't realize the show was produced as recently as it was!

And the reason is Himan Brown.

He produced radio shows back in the Golden Era of radio, and the CBS Radio Mystery Theater was an attempt to bring story back onto the radio. So he produced them with the same "flavor", if you will, as the old stuff, only with writing and acting that is more contemporary. The result was, basically, TV on radio!

While doing laundry yesterday morning, I listened to this 5-part miniseries called The Last Days of Pompeii. :) Very cool.

So I've got my iPod packed with episodes, and I suspect my podcasts may get neglected a bit over the next few weeks as I slowly plow though my new (free) gems! :D

Other than that, a bit of writing and chatting to my Gnomey-Goddess, that's pretty much what I've been up to.

OH! I have an investigation Friday night!!! :D It's a client investigation, so I won't be blogging about it, but I'm super excited!!! :D

I hope you're finding much excitement as we move into the mid-month of summer! I hope you're finding time to simply enjoy simple pleasures! But not merely "enjoy" them, but really just luxuriate in them! Treat them like they're the most expensive treat you could give yourself! :D

If this global economy isn't good for anything else, it's really useful for helping us make THE ABSOLUTE MOST out of EVERYTHING we have in our lives!!! :D

No comments: