Friday, July 03, 2009

How Insane Is This...

I've got an investigation tonight at 9:00pm, I set my alarm to go off at 6:00pm, but I woke up around 3:44pm and couldn't get back to sleep.

Okay.

So I killed time on the PC, as per usual... You know, check email, then play my MySpace/Facebook Pirate and Street Racer games...

All fine and good.

I made myself some Fish & Chips for breakfast.

Tasty and good.

Then it's 6:00pm, I still have 2 1/2 hours before I need to leave for the investigation.

Okay, fine.

So I chill to some Dido.

Groovy.

I get a call from a teammate (tonight's team leader, Sheryl) and we talk shop for a few minutes.

FINALLY... It's 7:00pm. I can shower and get ready, and take my time, and then it should be time to leave.

...or not.

So now it's 8:00pm, I'm completely ready to go, and I still have HALF AN HOUR to kill!

Eager? Sure.

But see, usually I'm running around 5-to-15 minutes late for just about everything. I'm not used to this "being ahead of schedule" thing!

I know how to kill HOURS of time, but I don't know how to kill minutes, lol. I can get lost in Old Time Radio or audiobooks or books or movies, but I'm not particularly skilled at killing a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

And I'm also not used to having to be precisely on time. (Or, as some might call it, behaving professionally, lol.) I'm usually a few minutes late or a few minutes early. But we're meeting at the client's home, so I don't want to show up half an hour early and wait awkwardly for the others to show up while the clients peer out their window, wondering if they should call the police on that car sitting outside their house.

What to do?

I sat down to write this blog entry, hoping to kill some time, but it doesn't seem to be working... It was 7:52pm when I started, and it's only 8:03pm as I type this sentence here. :(

Hmph.

I can't start a PS2 game because time would disappear far too quickly, then, lol.

Um...

Well, I can't really continue this blog entry, because I am well out of things to talk about. Any further discussion would be eternal reitterations of the same point.

So...

I'm going away now.

Hey, I hope anyone reading this has a SPECTACULAR 4th of July Weekend!!! :D

No comments: