Saturday, July 04, 2009

I'm Back!!! :D

Back from tonight's investigation and I just finished backing up my audio files on my computer.

I was rockin' 2 RCAs and a Sony... RCA audio recorders have digital outputs, so you can simply plug your recorder into a USB port, fire up the program that comes with the recorder and transfer your files in a matter of seconds. (Well, I buy the "lower end" recoders from Walmart, and the recorder's file format is .VOC which, apparently, is compatible with NO program still in use exept for the operating system of the recorder, lol. Unless you shell out for an audio program that can convert and manipulate virtually every format, even formats created and used exclusively in the '90s, lol. So I actually have to convert the files to .WAV, but that still doesn't take too long.) However, the Sony audio recorder I own doesn't connect directly to a computer, so I have to manually re-record the file into Audacity, real-time.

But I only had one EVP session on the Sony that lasted about 35 minutes, so it wasn't too painful.

I discovered the drawback on my first client investigation, when I foolishly used the Sony recorder to cover one area of the home for an entire investigation. (I like to have at least 1 recorder sit somewhere for the whole night because it sometimes can corroborate or debunk things heard on other recorders, plus it provides a timeline for the investigation because digital audio recorders record the time/date a recording was begun.) I was forced to manually re-record the file in real-time -- the length of the investigation.

That was a long night.

So now I only use the RCAs for investigation-long recordings, and use the Sony for individual (i.e. not 4-7 hour long) sessions.

And I'm sure this information is simply riviting to you, isn't it, lol. ;P

Still, I'm excited because instead of putting off transfering the files until tomorrow -- or, more realistically, Monday, when my weekend starts -- IT'S DONE! :D So I can devote my weekend exclusively to reviewing the footage, rather than transfering/backing up files THEN reviewing footage! :)

And I've got my weekend cut out for me, too! In addition to tonight's investigation I have one camera of footage from last week's investigation. But the good news is that I'm told the investigation ran long. Why is that good news? It ran long because there was so much activity! :D Better odds that I might see a ghost! Or, you know, something moving inexplicably! :D

So I'm excited!

But now it's time for some hotdogs and fries!!! It's my lunch/dinner. My linner. My lunner?

It's my second-meal-of-the-day. :)

Back to work tomorrow, but it should be a breeze.

Hope you're enjoying your 4th of July Weekend!!! Go make pretty sky-fire for me, would ya?

:D

No comments: