Monday, July 17, 2006

We Saw DEAD MAN'S CHEST!!!

Brian and FINALLY saw PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST tonight!!!

FINALLY!!!

I had to sacrifice some SecondLife time... But I think I can live with that, lol :)

It was cool... While we were waiting for the movie to start (or, rather, for the previews to start) we both played Bowling on our cell phones... Brian beat me by 10 points :(

Tisha text-messaged me a few days ago, saying she was seeing it for her second time, so I text-messaged her to let her know that Brian and I were finally about to see it!

She had said in a previous tm conversation that the cliff-hanger ending would make my head explode! So I had to text her again after the movie to confirm that it did! :)

Also, Brian suggested we stick around until after the credits, to see if they stuck a little something in there, like they had with the first one. PIRATES movies don't have credits at the start of the movie, so we waited quite some time to see the after-credits gag. But we weren't alone... Others stayed behind, too.

And there IS a quick scene after the credits, so if you ahven't seen the movie yet -- or you plan to see it again in the theaters -- DO wait. It's woth it, in my opinion ;)

REALLY COOL movie!!! It makes me umbearably impatient for the last movie, next yer, but that's cool :)

My baby had given me a couple of notes when she saw the movie: (1) feels a little long in places -- but doesn't "drag" at all, and (2) over-the-top special effects. I agree with both of those observations, qualifying the first by saying that though I was NEVER disinterested in the story, my butt did complain a couple of times about the theater seats, lol.

But Brian and I were talking about the flick all the way home, and THEN some :)

ALSO...

Mom saw SUPERMAN RETURNS!!! Which is funny enough in itself. She had NO desire to see it, but spent the weekend with a friend who wanted to see it, so they did.

The CRAZY part, though, is that she REALLY ENJOYED IT!!! She said it was the most realistic of the Superman movies! MY MOM SAID THAT! lol For some wierd, primitive, inexplicable reason, that just thrills me no end!

She also said that CARS is really funny... But I don't know when I'm gonna get to see that :( maybe not until dvd. This weekend CLERKS 2 opens, and I'd REALLY like to be there openeing weekend (to help a brutha make his bank) but I have NO IDEA how I might scrounge up the money :( Then August 6th SUPERMAN RETURNS opens in the Bob Bullock IMAX theater, and Brian and I HAVE TO see that as soon as possible... So I'm afraid CARS in a few spaces down on my List O' Must-Sees.

(I like me some spectacle... what can I say?)

No comments: