Monday, December 05, 2005

I've seen MARCH OF THE PENGUINS now TWICE!!!

I had heard about it for months (as, I'm sure, you have, too). But I had my need-to-see-in-theater flicks picked out by the end of last year. (Limited finances/limited time require thoughful budgeting of both.)

But I was able to get that movie and MR. & MRS. SMITH for under $30!!!

DUDE!!! MOTP is just about, frame for frame, the most GORGEOUS flick in history!!! (It probably helps that I have a thing for penguins and a thing for ice...) And the only dialogue you hear (narration, actually) is spoken MORGAN FREEMAN! That doesn't hurt!

Also, MR. & MRS. SMITH is just as much fun as I knew it would be!

Also, check it out: Last night I watched HIS GIRL FRIDAY -- for the FIRST TIME, which is surprising because I've been a Cary grant fan since the '80s, and this is one of his landmark performances -- ON MY ZVUE!!!

For those who don't know, ZVUE is the poor man's iPod with Video.

I subscribed to this site called LikeTV and downloaded the movie from there.

They've got tons of movies and old TV show episodes and animated shorts -- it's mostly old, old, OLD stuff whose copyrights have lapsed... LIKE the stuff TV used to air before the advent of made-for-cable programming... hence the name -- and all of it can just be downloaded and viewed on your computer. (Not all of it has been formatted for ZVUE yet.) I don't own a protable dvd player, so I'm just enthralled by the idea of watching movies and 'toons on a device just barely larger than my cell phone!!!

I like gadgets!

I also downloaded a copy of Jackie Chan's WHEELS ON MEALS that I can watch on my 'puter. And a 1981 Italian horror movie called SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH, which looks like it will be fun to watch!

I also downloaded 3 of the old Basil Rathbone SHERLOCK HOLMES flicks, one of which is on my ZVUE right now. The Basil Rathbone flicks were the beginning of my Sherlock Holmes obsession. They lead me to the original Conan Doyle stories, which in turn lead me to the realization that the BBC Jeremy Brett-and-David Burke/Edward Hardwicke adaptations -- which characterize both the main characters (Holmes and Watson) MUCH more faithfully!

Blah.

I'm rambling, aren't I?

Hell, what am I worried about? RAMBLING'S what blogs WERE INVENTED FOR!!!

I'm debating about whether or not to buy FANTASTIC FOUR tonight when I get off work. One the one hand, it looks like fun, even if it isn't as good as the SPIDER-MAN movies or BATMAN BEGINS... On the other hand, it might suck REALLY bad, and then I'd wish I had my money back...

Then again... Jessica Alba in a skin-tight blue thingy...

TOUGH decision!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. We just blogged about you and your ZVUE experience at www.myzvue.com