Friday, December 23, 2005

Rand McNally Dot Com Rules!

Back years ago I used to be SOOO impressed with MapQuest, because they could give me directions from anywhere to anywhere else.

That was a few years ago.

Tuesday I'm driving to Dallas to hang with my friend Laura, and I go onto my one-time-beloved MapQuest...

AND THEY CAN'T FIND MY HOME!!!

And THEN...

THEY CAN'T FIND THE ADDRESS I WANT TO GO TO!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!

If the whole point of one's existence is to provide maps and directions, how does one NOT KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS?!!!

So now I'm all about RandMcNally.com!!! They know where I live! I tried a couple of places -- Yahoo Maps was one -- but they either couldn't find my home or couldn't seem to figure out how to get there.

BUT RAND MCNALLY KNOWS!!! No muss, no fuss. They even offer a printer-friendly version of the maps and the directions!

And the layout is geniuous! There's a little map of the journey at the top, so you get a great overview of where you're going, then there are the step-by-step directions, then a map of the destination at the bottom, so you can see the details of where you're headed!!!

Now, as for the step-by-step directions, every website has some inaccuracies. Like, when an overpass doesn't allow you to turn left onto a major street. But that's fine, really. You can always work around those little bugs.

But the main thing is that THEY KNOW WHERE I LIVE AND WHERE I WANT TO GO!!!

So Rand McNally rules!

No comments: