Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hey! You Got Yourself A Fish Biscuit! :)

I've spent the last 3 days on a mysterious island with Jack and Kate and Sawyer and Hurley, and on the planet Virgo where humans will have begun colonizing the planet in 3010.

Both places, you may have guessed, are fictitious, lol.

Brian & I have finished Disc 3 of Season 3 of LOST! ("It only took the polar bears 2 hours." "How many of them were there?")

And then, naturally, I've been working on my novel.

But I'm declaring "Brain-Fry" and taking the day off.

I woke up to Brian in the kitchen looking like...

Well, looking like this...

Photobucket

There's some backstory here...

I think it was after we finished Disc 5 of Season 2 of LOST, we're jonesing for more LOST but we've got to wait for Netflix to send us the next discs. So we went back to Season 1...

Now Brian is sort of a culinary adventurer, and so when Jin makes some mysterious something (that the filmmakers never show us, but which everyone on the island is reluctant to eat) Brian gets this obsession with the idea of mastering sushi.

He wants to make sushi.

Now, we're drinking at this point and we're broke, so I go online -- Wikipedia, natch -- and learn a few basics about sushi.

First off, what we know as sushi is makazushi, the rolled form.

Also, the green/purple "skin" that holds the rice and stuff in place is called "nori" and it's made out of an edible seaweed.

When I go shopping for the weekend's groceries, I find some rice and nori that's designed to make sushi-making easy.

I buy it, and Brian tries it out and it's delicious!

But Brian's not satisfied.

So a few days later he buys some sheets of nori, and stuff to put inside the sushi, and so I wake up to Zushimon's Sushi Lab...

Photobucket

Photobucket


I can't wait to try it! :D

I heard Brian moaning with ecstasy a minute ago... I'm guessing that was the sound of him trying his first peice of sushi and judging it satisfactory, lol.

Oh, and the pirate getup... No idea...

I mean, sushi is seafood, and pirates lived on the sea...

I dunno.

But it looks cool, right?

Anyway, I'm gonna check with the Zushimon and see if our sushi's ready yet! :D

LOVE TO MY GNOMEY-GODDESS!!! xoxoxo

*******************************************************************************

UPDATE: Just thought I'd let you know that the sushi was a resounding success!!! The best I've ever tasted!

My brother is a genius!

And now we're laying about, full of sushi and ridiculously contented, lol.

Life can be GOOD! :D

No comments: