Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crazy 37th

Okay, so it seems like 37 isn't necessarily a banner year, birthday-wise. Even though there's a 7 in the number, and a 3 (which is often a holy number).

Go figure.

For one thing, I'm broke on this birthday. Not a great way to ring in the next chapter of your not-having-died-yet, you know?

But I have everything I need to get me through this weekend and next week (I get paid Friday), so that's cool. I've got my pizzas, some sandwich meat for work, weekend beer (drank that Sunday morning before going to sleep) and birthday beer. So that's cool. I'm on number 4, so 2 more and I'll be feeling like it's a party no matter what's going on.

Healthy? Mature? Why not, lol?

So when it turned midnight Sunday Brian agreed to watch PET SEMATARY with me! That was cool!

GOOD movie!

Then we watched the 3 making-of featurettes.

Then Brian was ready for bed.

So I checked some email... Responded to said email...

And I wasn't ready to go to sleep yet.

I've got Season 3 of 21 JUMP STREET laying next to my dvd player in my room, so I popped that in and had a 21 JUMP STREET marathon.

It didn't suck.

Well, that is to say, most of it didn't suck.

That show mostly doesn't really stand up to repeat viewings, sadly. A lot of it just feels like the writers were killing time.

And having come of age in the '80s, looking at what we used to wear back then just HURTS, lol. (The hair! OMG THE HAIR!!!)

There was an interesting episode that co-stared Dom DeLuise and Peter DeLuise's younger brother who looks a lot like him. (You know him... He played Luke's sister's husband later in GILMORE GIRLS? FUNNY guy! Really genius!)

That was an episode that was meant to be funny, but just wasn't. But still it was cool seeing the DeLuise family on film together! And it's an episode I never saw when it aired. Didn't even know about it.

I eventually fell asleep, 3 episodes from the end of the season.

Then I woke up and checked my email.

Then responded to my email, lol.

I got a lot of nice birthday greetings! That was cool!

And my birthday card from my Mom and Ermino arrived in the mail TODAY! That's some very cool timing! :D

But I was feeling generally bored and a tiny bit blue-ish. (My baby's apparently been busy the last couple of weeks.) So, on a whim, I went to Homestar Runner.com to see if there were any new toons, and there were!!! Like, three of them!

So I watched those, and that was really fun. I adore the Homestar Runner universe!!! It's genius! The Brothers Chaps are so funny and strange! Their humor reminds me a lot of The Muppets from when I was a kid! (Not the 90s-Present Muppets, but back when Jim Hneson was in charge of things.) It's a whole universe all in itself, with a sense of humor that isn't necessarily "adult" but certainly not "kiddy" either!

Brilliant!

So then I got the urge to re-watch the Strongbad_email.exe dvd set.

And now...

Um...

I'm thinkin' about making some stuff up. You know, to make my 37th seem cooler.

Let's see...

Okay, I'll do it in SecondLife so I can take pictures, which makes it more convincing, heehee. ;P

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay, so first I hooked up with My Gnomey Goddess (that IS NOT a friend of mine named Tangie Book who is tagging along with me to I don't look so lonely and lame in these pics, it's My Gnomey Goddess, and she just happens to looks a lot like my friend Tangie Book at the moment, for some reason that is inexplicatble, but completely logical).

We went to the Mangey Raider Drive-In and watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. Good flick. :) Can't get enough of it. (Actually, my fave is either DAWN OF THE DEAD or LAND OF THE DEAD, but neither of those are available in-world, so NIGHT OF serves quite well, hehe.)

Love me some Romero zombies!!! :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then we hopped aboard a pirate ship (that Brian designed and created and parked in between an island that he made and an island that I made in-world) and did some fishing. Fishing is so relaxing! Just hanging out, watching the surf and the sun rise, waiting for that tug on the old fishing line that indicates you've caught yourself a huge bass... or an old, wet tire...

Nice activity to drink beer to!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then Tangie... Gnomey! Then Gnomey and I sat by the fire and ate what we caught.

The diver's helmet was a bit tough, but with enough A1 Steak Sauce it was eventually eddible.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then we hopped over to the Space Station, where we did a little gambling.

Gambling is, apparently, illegal in SL now. But these are my machines, so I could simply refund My Gnomey Goddess any money she lost. (And, you know... Demand back any money she won.)

So I hit the Black-Jack table, and she hit the slots.

After that we hit the Mangey Raiders' Pirate Hideout and raced around on our Hellbikes (faithfully recreated by one Brian Edwards!)!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We raced around the top deck for a while to get our bearings, then headed for the bottom tube...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The tube was designed by me, but created by both Brian and myself. I like it! The rings give you this heightened sense of speed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then Gnomey and I went to The City (you know, the place where The Tick hangs) and atop a skyscraper we watched fireworks in celebration of my most recent birthday. :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then my baby and I returned to the drive-in where we downed some birthday pizza and Coke and watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD until the sun came up.

Now THAT was an amazing 37th birthday!
___________________________________________________________________

Okay, here's the REALLY GREAT part of my birthday...

I called my baby (about 9 am her time) AND WE HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL CONVERSATION!!! :D

I mean, the conversation was catching up and stuff...

BUT TALKING TO HER...!!! :D

THAT was my favorite birthday present this year!!! :D

Poor thing has been so busy lately! AND she's not feeling great. :( I told her that the Central Texas heat would do her some good. ;) (OMG I gotta win the lottery SOON, lol!)

OMG!!! HER VOICE!!! It's like an angel singing! With a British accent, lol!!!

Omg, it was SO NICE to hear from my baby again!!!

When I hear her voice, it's like the last part of track 12 of the soundtrack to PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END. (You have to listen to the soundtrack to understand the reference, but I promise, you won't be disappointed.) The stars align and the Universe SINGS when I hear her voice!!! :D

So THIS, in the end, has been AN EXTRAORDINARY birthday!!! :D

I started this off feeling a bit down, but a conversation with my baby turned this into one of the BEST birthdays I've EVER had!!!

That woman has some POWER, I swear to you! ;)

THANK YOU, MY GNOMEY GODDESS!!! :D

No comments: