Wednesday, October 10, 2007

1408 & Northern Exposure: Season 2!!!

Yesterday (Monday) was kind of un-focused and chillin', but today was BAD-ASS!!! :D

First, Brian & I watched 1408!!!

OMG!!!

If you like ghost stories or haunted-house stories, this movie is for you!!! :D

It's smart, it's scary, you actually care about what's happening to the characters! IT'S GREAT!!!

And then Brian & I followed that up with another NORTHERN EXPOSURE marathon, this time Season 2!

Also, naturally, BRILLIANT!

I had never before sat down and watched NORTHERN EXPOSURE in order. I got into it late in the 5th season, followed it through the 6th (and final) season, and then mostly saw the first 4 1/2 seasons in syndication on A&E.

So it's cool to watch the series unfold the way fans who were there from the start watched it unfold. Classic episodes like "Spring Break", "War and Peace" and "Slow Dance" are better when seen in context!

I wish I could find a site that goes into great detail about the writing of the episodes. It's some AMAZING writing! I'd love to dip into the writers' heads and see what they were thinking and why they made the choices they did!

GREAT show!



Shout Out: Gnomey, if you read this, I LOVE YOU!!! :D xoxoxo

No comments: