Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All Hallow's Eve Eve (part 2)

THE GREAT PUMPKIN HAS SMILED DOWN AT ME!!!

:D

And now, that's not a typo in the title. I'm blogging about 3 hours after the entry below.

But I'm blogging because I just got an early Halloween Present from the Great Pumpkin!!!

I was thinking about eating before playing EVIL DEAD: A FIST FULL OF BOOMSTICK, and I wanted something scary to watch while I dined. (Or supped... It's was 3 or 4 in the morning, what's the proper expression? "broke"? Not sure.)

So I go online to see what horror movies I can find...

...and I find Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN!!! :D

You don't understand, this is kind of the Holy grail of movies for me right now!!! I've been dying to see it, but haven't had the time when I had the money, and didn't have the money when I had the time!

Then it was gone from theaters!

The flick appeared briefly online, but I didn't get a chance to watch it before it vanished again.

BUT I JUST FINISHED WATCHING IT!!!

:D

And it was AWESOME!!!

Seriously, Rob Zombie did an AMAZING JOB with it!!!

He took a great (if often very SLOW) horror film and turned it into something profound and SERIOUSLY CREEPY! I mean, it's this sad, macabre tragic story now. Zombie made Michael Myers real, and in doing so made the whole story even more disturbing!!!

But in a good way, lo! In the way you want a horror movie to be disturbing!

I was surprised!

I mean, I've seen great remakes of some of my favorite horror flicks, and I got this feeling that Zombie was gonna pull this one off, but I just didn't expect THE WAY he did it!

VERY fuckin' COOL!!!

And the fact I got to watch this the day before Halloween makes it EVEN COOLER for me!!! I mean, I'm basically a grown kid. I mean, I'm an adult, sure. But I still take a sort of childlike glee in little stuff.

Like when I was 15 or so Mom took Brian and me to see FRIDAY THE 13th: THE FINAL CHAPTER on Friday the 13th! That was THE COOLEST THING for me!

Now, some 22 years later, I got to see the new HALLOWEEN on the eve of Halloween. Just by accident. No forethought, no planning. I just stumbled onto it! :)

When my ex-wife and I were still in high school we went to see HALLOWEEN 5 on Halloween night, but that was intentional. (No less cool, mind you!) (Or was it HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS? I can't remember at the moment.) And Danielle Harris was in this one, as well. :)

Anyway...

VERY COOL!!! :D

So I had to bust in and share this with you. :)

Oh, and if you didn't read the entry before this one, be sure to scroll down. I have some cool links to web-toons to make your Halloween more fun! :D (You can skip my entry, if you want. It's the toons that you'll enjoy the most!)

No comments: