Monday, September 17, 2007

Psych... as in Gotcha ;)

I have now seen 4 or 5 episodes of PSYCH!

HYSTERICAL show!!!

VERY groovy! :)

I've also seen 4 or 5 episodes of GHOST WHISPERER, and I've been crushin' on Jennifer Love Hewitt since I don't even remember how long, but the fact that she's a producer on that show make me even more infatuated!!! (I have only one True Love, and that's my Gnomey Goddess, the only woman I'll ever need. But a guy can be infatuated with a celebrity, can't he? hehe)

TROJAN WAR. That's the movie that make me a Love fan! I just remembered it. Then she did I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER (the FIRST one)! And that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Never saw PARTY OF FIVE, though. You'd think that for a guy to be a Love Hewitt fan he probably discovered her on PARTY OF FIVE, but I'm weird like that.

I also own a couple of her albums.

Is that wrong?

Anyway, I was talking about PSYCH...

Those "Psych-Outs" during the credits: BRILLIANT!!! You get the impression that everyone working on that show is having SUCH A GREAT TIME! And it SO comes through in the episodes, too!

Dule Hill... How brilliant is he?!!

I mean, he was PRICELESS on THE WEST WING -- as was EVERYONE else on that show!!! -- but it's so much fun to watch him in PSYCH!

Truly a comic genius!!!

'Cause he's got the harder role. It's easy to play Shawn Spenser, the wacky party character. (I know, I've played that character before in a production of Larry Shue's THE NERD.) The comic character gets all the best lines. But to play a straight man, and not have every scene stolen from you, THAT's hard work! (Just ask Zeppo Marx. That's the reason the Marx Brothers became a trio after 5 movies.)

And Dule Hill has the SKILL to share a frame with someone else chewing the scenery!!!

And the WRITING!!! It's really a one-camera sit-com (like SCRUBS or MY NAME IS EARL) that lasts an hour and happens to have a mystery, lol!

The show's just brilliant!

USA Network has it goin' ON! I've seen 3 shows from them -- BURN NOTICE, PSYCH and MONK -- and I am just SO IMPRESSED! And their tagline is "Characters wanted", a stout promise for a TV network. And THEY DELIVER!

Ooh. That reminds me: I have an episode of BURN NOTICE waiting for me! I should get to that soon.

My baby isn't supposed to be back until Tuesday, so there's no point in me logging onto my IM. So I can curl up and watch BURN NOTICE on the little dvd player in my room, then crash when it's over.

In fact, gonna do that now.

OH! But one thing first: I can't imagine how you could have possibly figured it out from the last entry I posted, so I'll repeat the information: The Bloodshots winners will be announced on September 27th at an Awards Ceremony for Fantastic Fest.

I'm hoping that if we make it into the finals we'll hear about it before then.

But one way or another, you should be hearing from me around that time to let you know how our 48-hour short fared.

My baby said we're gonna win, so it should be good news when I announce it, hehe. ;)

Have a fantastic day!!!

:D

No comments: