Wednesday, September 05, 2007

BLOODSHOTS 2007

Okay, I can tell you about one of my creative endeavors:

BLOODSHOTS!!!

This weekend Tommy, Brian & I will attempt to create an award-winning Horror short in 48 HOURS!!! From Friday night to Sunday night, we'll be writing, shooting and editing a completely original horror film! The folks running the competition will provide us with an envelope containing the sub-genre of the film (Vampire, Slasher, Ghost, etc.), a line of dialogue and a weapon that have to appear in our movie to qualify -- to make sure no one gets a head-start before the official go-time -- and then all the competing filmmaking teams scurry off into the night and make their movies!

HOW COOL IS THAT?!!

I couldn't mention it earlier because there were a few things that needed to fall into place, and today they did, and I couldn't be more excited!!! My Gnomey-Goddess is sure that we will win, hehe. (I can't disappoint the missus, now can I.)

My boss is THE COOLEST BOSS IN THE WORLD!!! I sent him an email just before the 3-day weekend asking if I could take Friday and Saturday off and explaining why, and despite the short notice he not only let me have those days off, he wished us luck!!! (Is that class or WHAT? THANK YOU, MARK!!! (If you happen to read this, hehe.))

Tommy came over, and as part of our Tuesday Production Meeting, we tossed around some story ideas, just off the tops of our heads, for the different sub-genres that are likely to be assigned, and I was well impressed with what we came up with!!! The team is fighting-trim and ready to ROCK!!!

The big concern over the next 2 days... SLEEP! Like a good director, Tommy reminded us that we want to be well rested going into Friday and Saturday. I was so concerned about the logistics of whipping a great story together on the fly that it didn't even occur to me that we might want to rest up ahead of time, lol.

Speaking of which, it would probably be a good idea for me to crawl into bed (probably with The Simpsons: Season 10).

But before I go...

There's this great Flight of the Conchords fansite called What The Folk! They have info galore and mp3s and video and merchandise! They're also mentioned on the official FotC website!

So if you don't have enough music in your life, or laughter, be sure to check What The Folk out! One can NEVER have too much Flight of the Conchords in one's life!!!

:D

No comments: