Monday, May 14, 2007

Raid In Style!

Know what I've been doing for approximately the last 9 hours?

I've been starting a store!!! I call it Mangey RaidWear!

It started back when I began designing and selling shirts in SecondLife. I was making a little money off a few of the things I had made and put up for sale in Brian's shops, and I figured if I made more things I might make a little more money.

I focused on clothes, because people buy A LOT of clothes in SL. Plus, there weren't enough clothes that I wanted to wear. So I made stuff (shirts, so far) that I wanted to wear.

And I liked a few of the designs enough that I thought maybe, possibly, they might sell in Real Life.

At the very least, I'LL enjoy wearing them, lol!

I've noticed that I pretty much only wear T-shirts lately. And like everyone else in the world, my T-shirts are always promoting something someone else created. So it'll be cool to wear a few shirts that I designed MYSELF, hee-hee!!!

Right now I've only got 3 basic designs. The basic account at Cafe Press only allows you to sell one of each item, and even though they've got a surprising variety I'll need to get a premium account (or whatever) to add more stuff.

But that's cool.

If these shirts sell okay it'll be worth the money. I don't know how much a premium account costs, though, I haven't even looked into it. Like I said, I spent the last 9 hours just setting up this one.

Okay, this isn't a sales pitch, right? But I just wanna show you what I've been up to:

This is the first design...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just your basic silly take on the Jolly Rogers. I put that on all the darker shirts they offer.

Then there's this variation on it...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's the design I put on the light-colored stuff that doesn't have anything on the back.

Then for the shirts that DO have graphics on the back, I did THIS...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's Cap'n Mbango, the Mangey Monkey. He's tellin' ya to "git yer mangey on", hehe. He's a party monkey. AND a pirate monkey. He's a party pirate monkey.

And I created him in Flash, so if I ever get the animation bug again I can animate him!

I can't tell you HOW COOL it is to come up with an idea, work on it until it's just right, and then see it on a T-shirt that's for sale!!! You SO have to try this!!! CREATION RULEZ!!!

So when we finally get a movie up on the Big Screen and you see folks wearing T-shirts with logos you don't recognize... They'll be ours, hehe! You'll probably be able to find them on Cafe Press.

OOH! AND...

For much of the time I was working on the store, I was listening to the first 11 chapters of Jim Butcher's SUMMER KNIGHT, the forth book in his THE DRESDEN FILES series. IT'S GOOD!!! I thought Harry Dresden's life was tough in the TV show, but DAMN! He simply can't catch a break in the novels, lol!

And yet, you find yourself laughing out loud surprisingly a lot!

Ooh! And if you listen to the first 4 books on mp3, you get to hear James Marsters (Spike from BUFFY and ANGEL) reading them!!! He's GREAT!!!

And it's an ironic experience, because you're listening to Marsters read with his American accent, even though you're used to hearing him as Spike, who's a limey. But Paul Blackthorne, who plays Dresden on the show, is Brit doing an American accent!

I'm just being a Fan-Boy now, aren't I?

So my day started off with a Mothers' Day dinner, which Gan-Gan attended as well(!!!) at Catfish Parlor, then when I got home I hopped on the computer and started trying to figure out exactly what size my T-shirt designs are supposed to be and how to get them that way, then I spent A LOOOOOOT of time setting up the store, all the while listening to SUMMER KNIGHT...

Btw, Gnomey Goddess, you will well love the DRESDEN FILES books!!! Lots of cool Fantasy stuff in there! :D

...and then I checked my email and got my blog on.

And now I'm going to bed.

PEACE, LOVE & SNUGGLES TO ALL!!! (As well as Inappropriate Touching to my Gnomage!!!)

No comments: