Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hell Day... Not So Hell-ish

(knock on wood)

It actually started last night...

I spent most of last night killing time at work, feeling like I should be working on the rewrite of the short. The hours ticked away (blissfully uneventfully) and I had less than an hour left in my shift and hadn't even opened up my jump drive.

Then, without warning, I found myself making a list of... well, pertinent topics of conversation for the characters in the script, and I wrapped up the rewrite just in time to go home!

At home I wrapped up some loose ends -- using the astounding Celtx to prep some pre-production changes that arrose from the rewrite -- and then I'm cracking open a beer and trying to figure out what movie I want to fall asleep to.

(In case you're curious, I started with about 15 minutes of V FOR VENDETTA and finally crashed 5 minutes into CARS.) ;P

I wake up with a BURNING NEED to play STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT: DARK FORCES II, so I eased into consciousness blasting Grans and the occassional Rodian. At one point I even found myself being pummeled by Gamorrean guards!!!

It was NICE! I haven't played that game in MONTHS! Maybe even a year or more!

Then on my way to work I listened to this week's SModcast, which was fun. Turns out Kevin Smith and I have yet ANOTHER thing in common: A background in the theatre! Turns out Smith was a "theatre-queer", too, lol!

It's lame, but it's just kind of cool to me. It was the stuff Smith and I have in common and the accomplishments he has achieved that I am still aspiring to that got me obsessed with him to begin with. And a fan-boy with a background in theatre is kind of a unique, specific thing. I suspect there aren't many of us.

Blah.

So anyway, I lucked out and was able to get my first wave of work done in time to watch CRIMSON TIDE, which I aired tonight, and THAT MOIVE IS GOOD! I mean, I enjoyed it the first couple of times, but it holds up with repeated viewings! Really great flick!

Now I'm about to move into the second wave of my shift, all rested and feeling groovy, and I think this day may just turn out pretty cool.

We'll see. I don't feel pessimistic, but I don't want to jinx myself, either.

Like last month when I was so certain I was gonna win the lottery that I applied for and received 5 credit cards and maxed them all out! Man, was THAT a mistake.

Although... I guess $5,000 for a grey-market Capuchin was a bit impulsive...

I'm just kidding, of course.

I only paid $4,999.95 for the simian.

No comments: