Friday, May 18, 2007

I Bought Season 1 of the DRESDEN FILES, lol

This paycheck was looking pretty grim, but then I caught a financial BREAK! (I'm kind of like Peter Parker where finances and lifestyle are concerned, lol.) And so the very FIRST thing I did was log on to iTunes and buy THE DRESDEN FILES, lol.

Actually, the FIRST thing I did was buy pizzas and beer for Brian & me for this weekend. THEN I bought the first season of THE DRESDEN FILES, heehee.

And the thing is, if the DF comes out on dvd at the end of the summer I'll want to buy that, too. But this way, I'll be able to wait until I have the money, as I can watch ANY episode WHENEVER I WANT!

Plus, it's a bit of a consolation prize... All my inside information points to STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP and, quite possibly, VERONICA MARS going away after this season finishes up. And I was wondering what I was going to devote myself to next season.

I know, know, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is da bomb and I should be all up in that, but I couldn't finish the first season because it was so bleak, so it's going to take A LOT for me to even find the will to finish the last disc of the first season, much less catch up on 2 full seasons. That just seems like quite a bit of masicism to me at this point.

So next season I'll be buying a Season Pass for DRESDEN FILES... And I don't know what else.

HEROES has proven to be intriguing and all... But honestly, the writers seem a bit sadistic. It will all depend on how they wrap up this season, for me. If they manage to turn all this bleak, dismal need into beautiful fulfillment, then I'm on board for next season.

But IF they just leave me with a OH MY GOD HOW WILL THEY EVER SURVIVE THIS UNSTOPPABLE THREAT cliff-hanger, I'm outta there!!!

I HATE cliff-hangers. HATE, HATE, HATE!!! At least when we're talking about Season Finales. That is THE WEAKEST writing gimmick EVER. I almost ("almost", mind you) curse STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION for popularizing them. (Yeah, DALLAS did it first, but EVERY SHOW ON TV didn't follow suit until TNG did it.) One of the things I ADORE about THE DRESDEN FILES is that they DID NOT resort to the tear-your-heart-out-and-make-you-squeal-like-a-splattered-bunny Season Finale!!! DF ended their first season with "You like that? You wanna see more of that? Tune in next season!"

THAT is the way to do it!

So blah.

So I'll be buying a Season Pass for DF next season, and I don't know what else. I doubt I'll catch up on LOST before Season 4 starts up. I don't know if MEDIUM will be available. (Even though they resort to the cliff-hanger Season Finale, that's still some of THE BEST writing on television!!!)

But ya know, you really do need those weekly emails that tell you "The latest episode of ____ is available for download on iTunes" to make your work week go buy just that much faster. So I hope to find somethign between now and next September.

At any rate, in a matter of minutes I will be able to rewatch DRESDEN over and over this summer, no matter where I go or what I do, and that's something to look forward to!

:D

No comments: