Thursday, May 31, 2007

Missing My Gnomage & Script Frenzy 2007

Today is pretty much the laid-back affair I hoped it would be, with 2 very notable exceptions:

I woke up around 7:00 am to a phone call from my sweety!!! YAY!!!

She just asked if I was okay, then said she's headed into work. And I was so excited to hear her voice! It was SO WONDERFUL!!!

Until I realized WHY she had called... I had forgotten to log out of my IM when I went to bed, and she had left me a couple of messages! She must have been worried about me, poor thing!

This is the third time in the last 48 hours wherein we just barely missed each other!

Tuesday night, when I was in the living room playing Poker with Brian & drinking, I was logged into my IM in here and would check in every now and again to see if my baby had logged in. The later it got (and the closer to her usual bedtime) the less frequently I checked in. So around 12:30 am her time, I check in to discover that she had left a couple of messages around 11:30 pm her time!!! And I think the last time I checked in was just after 11:00 pm... so if I'd checked in just 25 or so minutes later I could have chatted with her before she went to sleep!


Like I said, I was drinking with my bro, so I hit the hay a bit earlier that normal, since my sweety hasn't been logging on before work in a long time.

Well... I wake up to her phone call, then discover that she had logged-in this morning before work, just a couple of hours after I went to sleep!

That sucked.

After waking up at 7:00 am(-ish) I disn't feel like going back to sleep, and I had a whole day to re-adjust my sleep schedule. So I watched the series finale of VERONICA MARS (and it SO SUCKS that that show isn't coming back!!!) and then watched a bunch of game-play "movies" on YouTube -- since I didn't really feel energetic enough to play the actual games themselves, lol -- for RESIDENT EVIL, RESIDENT EVIL CODE: VERONICA and the original SILENT HILL.

A pleasant distraction, heehee. :)

Then around 3:00 pm my time I switched computers (this one isn't the best for watching video on, particularly in Full Screen mode) and began sitting my vigil, waiting for my Gnomey Goddess to log on.

After about 30 minutes I dozed off in the chair, lol.

But when woke up, she still hadn't logged in or left me any messages, so I hadn't missed her. Besides, if she did log in and leave a message the beep probably would have awakened me, which was the whole point of staying in this room.

The nap was refreshing, so I checked my email, then watched a bunch of Johnny Depp and Kiera Knightley interviews on YouTube. (I'm still groovin' on PIRATES, hehe.)


OH WAIT! IT'S HER, HOLD ON!!!

*******

Hee-hee! :D

WOO-HOO!!!

I was just writing this entry detailing the specifics of how Gnomey and I kept missing each other, then she logs on to say "good morning" and tell me she loves me!!!

I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!

WENDY, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! x o x o x o

hee-hee

So okay... Where was I?

Right, I'm watching interviews on YouTube with some of the cast of the PIRATES movies, and 6:30 pm rolls around, so I figure my sweety is asleep and won't be logging on tonight.

So I take a REAL nap. I wake up around 11:30 pm, get up, log on...

AND SHE LEFT ME A MESSAGE ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER I WENT TO BED!!! :(

How painful is THAT?!!

She tells me her Net went out because of the weather, but that she stayed up late to talk to me. :(

At this point, I am convinced that Life is just fucking with us!

But then the story ends on a HAPPY note! I'm not even finished writing this entry when she logs on!!! She's up hours earlier than usual because a coworker called in sick, so she only has time to tell me she loves me and that she'll see me tonight!

How amazing!!!

That's really an AMAZING wrap-up for what has been a great, great vacation! (Could have been better, I could have spent it in Gnomey's arms, but I couldn't REALISTICALLY have hoped for more at this point! Turned out better than I had hoped for as it is!)

So yay!

And then the other thing in the title of this blog entry...

I get daily screenwriting tips -- just random articles about different aspects of screenwriting that show up in my Inbox -- and today I got something that said "Script Frenzy Starts June 1".

What could this be? I click on the site...

It's a screenplay competition... of sorts, hehe.

The goal is simply to write 20,000 words -- the approximate word-count for a feature-length screenplay -- in 1 month. No application fee, and no money awarded. But if you succeed, you get bragging rights and some sort of certificate or something stated that you participated and wrote a feature-length screenplay in a month!

But the REAL benefit is that you forced yourself to let go of whatever hangups you might have about writing (commercial restrictions, if you're a pro, writer's block if you're not yet pro) and you JUST WRITE! No one actually reads your script; bots count how many words you write.

That's it.

If you want to cheat, you can cheat, no problem.

But what would you get out of the experience?

For Brian and me, we get to collaborate on a project and see if we can't find our groove. And we don't have time to not succeed.

I'm thinking that Brian will learn what I've been learning, which is screenwriting is as hard as you make it. I think we can apply as much technique and ensure as high-quality a script as 1 month affords us without slowing down the momentum and catching ourselves up on uncertainties and such.

We'll see.

I told him about the idea before I had finished reading all the rules, and asked if he would be interested in giving it a shot, no pressure. I came back in here to finish reading the rules and stuff, and I don't think it was 15 minutes later that he came back with a concept that would be a lot of fun to write!

A little bit later, after we tossed around thematic and character and situational ideas we actually had some really powerful rocket sauce! It's not a movie yet. It's not even a story yet. But we've got enough ingredients to MAKE it a movie!

So again, YAY!!!

So I have accomplished just about everything I hoped to accomplish in this last 5 days, and so much MORE than I hoped!

But most importantly...

I GOT TO TALK TO MY BABY!!! hee-hee :D TWICE!!! Once on the phone and just now on the computer!

Life is good! :)

No comments: