Friday, January 26, 2007

We're ALIVE Until We're Dead

I just finished watching this week's episode of STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP -- titled "Monday"; it's the first new episode after the holiday break -- and I was SO disappointed when it ended! Because I'm used to watching TV shows on dvd, and when an episodes ends with unfinished business I just continue on to the next episodes, and the next, and the next until I HAVE TO go to sleep, or to work, or whatever.

Anyway...

***SPOILER ALERT***

IF YOU FOLLOW STUDIO 60 AND YOU HAVEN'T YET SEEN THE EPISODE "MONDAY" PLEASE DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING...

Anyway, one character -- whom I LOVE -- is romatically pursuing another character -- whom I LOVE -- and she inform him that he has embarrassed her with his attempts to woo her. She outlines why they shouldn't be together, then -- very earnestly -- asks him to stop. He nods his head, understanding what she is communicating to him -- and I'm yelling at the screen "NO! NO!" -- and his lips part and he says "No" and he walks away.

AND I APPLAUD!

Disappointed as I am that I have to wait another week to see how this situation progresses, I applaud as the credits role because I'm thinking "If you have to slice your heart open and spill the contents on the table from time to time, that' all right. That's OKAY. Because we're alive until we're dead. We're ALIVE UNTIL we're dead."

This is coming from a cat who spent 6 years pursuing a woman he honestly believed to be The One. And then spent 10 years of involuntary absinence because he wasn't willing to bend over and capitulate.

The thing is this: "Compromise" is a word you hear a lot in regaurads to relationships, but it usually means (practically speaking) that one partner gives up something that the other partner doesn't like. But REAL compromise in REAL relationships means that both partners accept and LOVE each other's idiocincraies -- those little details that make each person WHO THEY ARE -- and that both partners find a way to enjoy each other AND get what they want/need out of the relationship!

And sometimes -- I have found, from my years of experiences -- this means opening a vein and pouring out one's life's blood (or, more literally, to express one's deepest, most hidden emotions) to reveal what one most deeply needs/wants from the other partner.

It's messy.

It's embarrassing.

But the truth has a way (I have found) of cutting through bullshit cleanly and neatly, and allowing REAL healing to begin.

And thus my new motto -- inspired by a TV show written by Aaron Sorkin, and not a real life event, lol -- is "We are alive until we die!"

Hee-hee

Is it time for me to go to bed? O LOOK! It IS! lol

:D

Love to ALL!!!

No comments: