Monday, January 22, 2007

Stuck in Hogwart's & Unwilling to Leave

OMG I am SO OBSESSIVE, lol!

Okay, so after a week of re-listening to the unabridged version of HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, I just finished loading my iPod with HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE! Because when the novel ended, I simply HAD TO experience the sixth book again, lol!

I think there may be something wrong with me.

Oh, also, I bought an iTunes Season Pass for the show HEOROES that everyone seems to be going on about, so after my Harry Potter binge I'll catch up on that one. I really haven't heard a single thing bad about it. I saw the pilot through iTune's exclusive deal. (I don't know if you remember, but this summer if you went to certain cinemas you got a free holographic HEROES card with the purchase of your ticket, and it had a code at the bottom that allowed you download the pilot for the show free.)

The worst I've heard is that the writing isn't as deep or profound as, say, Aaron Sorkin, but that it's a comic book on TV and really addictive to watch.

So that should be fun. :)

OOH! Plus VERONICA MARS and STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP start back up this week!!! So that'll be great! A new episode from 2 of my current favorite shows!

I think I'm really gonna enjoy following TV shows on my iPod! I mean, I have so far, to be sure!!! You've got the convenience of TiVo, only you can carry it with you! I've really enjoyed listening to audiobooks from the moment I say "good-bye" to Brian, all the way down the stairs, while I'm getting into my car, as I drive, while I'm getting out of my car and all the way into work. I know it's nit-pick-y, but I wring a whole 5 or 10 extra minutes out of the book!

Also, it's cool, once I start watching an episode of STUDIO 60 or something, to be able to get up from the room I'm in, continue watching/listening to the show as I walk through the apartment, and continue watching it in another room. Can't do that with a TV set.

I've even watched STUDIO 60 snuggled up in bed, the covers nestled warmly around me!

The night of the blackout, I could have watched a movie or listened to an audiobook for my entire 2-hour trek, but that experience was really about enjoying the hike, rather than being distracted from it. (I remember when everything went dark and silent being profoundly aware of how MUCH we tend to foist upon our poor, overloaded senses.)

And here I am, immersing myself in the most recent 2 Harry Potter novels, lol.

What can I say? Last weekend was about nature, this wekend is about wizards and witches for me.

Between what Rowling does with her novels and my recent immersion in all things Classic TREK, though, I'm really soaking up storytelling technique and principal.

Will it result in a breakthrough from my Writer's Halt (I don't have Writer's Block, but I am definitely still halted in my writing for the moment)? We'll see.

Meantime, though, I am having a blast!

Oh, and it's EXTREMELY inappropriate for me to note that my Gnomey Goddess has been VERY naughty with me just before I went to sleep this morning AND just after woke up tonight!!! So I shan't note it! (hee-hee) I'll merely observe that this woman IS A GODDESS!!!

No comments: