Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TRIPPING THE RIFT Is Fun

Bought and watched the ENTIRE first season last night!!!

Thank you, Best Buy Gift Certificate!!!

It's a funny show!

My friend, Dave The Genius, tells me the computer animation isn't the greatest all the time, but I can't see any problems. (He IS a computer animator, so he sees stuff I don't.)

Before I picked that up, Brian and I were finishing up a ROSWELL, Season 3 marathon. THAT was COOL!!! The last season of the show is now 4 years old, and it's STILL BRILLIANT!!!

I discovered to day that I have a week-and-a-half of vacation time left-over from last year!!! (That is IN ADDITION TO this year's 3 weeks of vacation time!!!) Better still, I am encouraged to take it before the end of February! So I'm just coming off a Holiday vacation, AND I GET ANOTHER ONE!!!

Life sometimes just works out NICE!

I'm looking forward to experiencing a week as though I were a professional writer: I get up, write for 5-10 hours (5 screenplay pages a day), then kick back during the evening!!! HOW COOL WILL THAT BE?!!

Okay, maybe I'm geeking-out a little here, but I'm really excited about the prospect!

Ooh! And I finally tracked down my daily calendar for 2006! Every year I get a Hottie Calendar and a Daily Calendar. FHM -- with Kristinna Loken on the cover -- provider the T&A calendar for this year. Border Books provided the other...

TROPICAL ISLANDS!!!

How cool is that?! Everyday I'm greeted with some gorgeous pic from a tropical island and some soothing quote! Today is a view looking out to sea from a Hawaiian beach, a single palm tree standing behind 2 deck chairs. And the quote: "Here beside the calming sea, Take the time to simply be."

How can ya have a bad day when you wake up to THAT?

I mean, okay, yeah, I'll probably have a few bad days this year. Even with the calendar.

BUT STILL!!! Very cool, yeah?

I was torn for a while between that and a Simpsons' Trivia Calendar... But I decided to go with the Tropical Islands one. (I have 7 seasons of Simpsons on dvd, as well as a Tour of Springfield cd-rom and a Homer Simpson edition of the game Operation. I've probably got all the Simpsons I'll ever need. Until the next season is released on dvd, that is.)

Okay, I'm putting myself to sleep here. Bye for now.

No comments: