Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waiting For My W2

This is that time of year when it seems to take FOREVER for my W2 to arrive. As usual, I don't have quite enough money to pay everything that needs to be paid. UNLIKE usual, however, there's that promise that my tax refund is coming...

...sometime...

...just right around the corner somewhere...

I just learned about Lolcat, which is that weird, cutesy language used to caption pictures of cute cats doing (or appearing to do) quirky things. If you haven;'t already encountered this phenomenon, you can see examples at ICanHasCheezburger.com. (Here's one that made me laugh. It doesn't utilize lolcat (or "lolspeak"), but it's cute.)

There's no point to sharing this information with you, lol. Just sharing. It's one of the things that has seized my imagination for the time being.

I finally broke down this morning before bed and bought Dirk Gently: The Long Dark tea-Time of the Soul.

I listened to most of it as it aired on BBC Radio 4, but their "Listen Again" system wasn't working quite right, apparently, so I missed Episode 4, then heard Episode 5, but then for whatever reason I missed Episode 6.

So I'm unwinding after work, listeing to the Primary Phase of the original The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and as bad-ass as that is -- even after having listenened to the first 2 series again and again for somewhere around 24 years now -- it made me really, really want to hear the entire second series of Dirk Gently.

So I bought it.

I ended up crashing agter the first 2 episodes, so I get to listen to it fresh as I work tonight.

Like I said, I heard Episodes 1-3 and 5 as they aired, but whenever Dirk Maggs releases a Douglas Adams series on CD or audiobook form, he always includes scenes that were trimmed or cut for time -- to run within the allocated timeslot. So it will be like hearing the entire series for the first time.

Plus, as I've demonstrated, I can listen to Douglas Adams stories over and over and over and over and over, etc. without tiring of it, lol.

I don't think I meantioned it previously, but I finished Allison DuBois' third book Secrets of the Monarch -- actually, I finished it before I started on the Conversations with God series -- and so I have moved on from deep spiritual reading to light-hearted, irreverent comedy while I work.

Again, no particular reason I'm sharing this information with you... Just am, lol.

Hey, speaking of work: I should get back to it.

PEACE!!!

:D

WAIT! Before I sign-off, I have something to say:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SPOOKY SOUTHCOAST!!! :D

They're starting up their 4th year on the air! I've been listening since 2007, so I guess this is going into my 3rd year as a fan.

If you haven't checked the show out yet, check out their archives or check them out on iTunes. If you're a fan of the show but haven't heard any new episodes this for a month, I've been keeping up-to-date from this awesome cat's site! (He's more regular about posting the shows than the Spooky Crew is, lol)

This is the podcast that got me so hard-core into the paranormal (I was a great deal more passive in my research before I started listening to Tim and the Matts (and also Jeff, once a month)) and these guys are the reason I first checked out Ghost Hunters -- allow me to be clear: I WOULD NOT have watched my first episode of Ghost Hunters if Spooky Southcoast hadn't had so many members of TAPS on their show as frequently as they did, and therefor I probably would not be in Texas Spirits right now, gearing up for my first investigations -- so I just wanted to give a shout-out and a plug. ;)

As lame as this sounds, Spooky Southcoast has really had quite an impact on my life! I never realized it, actually, until just this moment, writing the above paragraph. I kind of owe quite a bit to those guys!

THANK YOU, SPOOKY SOUTHCOAST!!! Keep up the excellent work!

:D

No comments: