Saturday, July 19, 2008

Got Batman Fever!!! :D

I woke up to an email from my Gnomey Angel!!! :D

The bad news is that she's not feeling well at all. :( But the good news is that my sweet darling, who always has to work, 6 days a week, is making time to rest. I can just imagine how adorable she must look, all snuggled up in bed, her mind flitting through some dreamscape as her body heals itself!!! xoxoxo

She has fallen asleep before when we used to chat via vidcam into the wee hours of the night (her time) and I can testify that she is GORGEOUS & CUTE when she sleeps! ;P

So I hope by the time she reads this she is well rested and feeling 100% better!

I woke up thusly (to her email) after watching the behind-the-scenes featurettes for Batman Begins after work, and then drifting off to sleep listening to the soundtrack to The Dark Knight.

If you live in the States, you know that it opened this weekend, since Thursday night and most of Friday the movie -- and stories about the lines of people waiting to see it -- the opening was all over the news, lol.

Brian & I hope to see it Monday. But if the soundtrack is any indication, this movie should be AMAZING!!!

I didn't have as much down-time as usual last night at work, but I foudn myself spending a little of it watching some Batman: The Animated Series online, hehe. :)

It's not the epic grandeur of the Chris Nolan films, but it's a well-written, well-made series!

Just the same, I can't wait for the graneur!!! :D

I've always loved me some Batman! Back in 1989, when the first Michael Keaton flcik came out, my friends and I (Tommy, Brian, Chuck and some others) celebrated the eve of the release by making out own Batman short! Tommy was Batman and I was the Joker, and the thing turned out pretty damn cool, if I may say so myself!

I SO wish I still had a copy! It would be cool to go back and see how we did. I mean, I remember it as being surprisingly good for something shot and edited on VHS, but I'm sure some of that memory is romanticized. I'd like to check it out with a more objective eye.

Plus, it would just be cool to watch it again and say "WE did THAT," lol.

It was incredibly simple: Joker is walking down the streets at night, Batman appears in front of him, Joker pulls a gun on him, but Batman kicks the gun into the air and catches and discards it, then two henchmen appear on either side of Batman and a fight ensues. Batman beats Joker senseles and disappears mysteriously. The writing isn't up to the par of Batman: The Animated Series... But I dare say we told our little mini-story with some style, hehe. ;)

Wow, how time flies!

I sat down here with a couple of hours before I need to go to work, and now I should be maiing myself some breakfast and getting ready, lol.

I hope you get to see The Dark Knight this weekend and bask in the feeling of Event that everyone else is, and I hope your weekend treats you like a king!!! (Or queen, as the case may be.)

PEACE!!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then DON'T come around HERE!! We DON'T want it!! We'll stick to our SUPERIOR version!! 8O

RayJay said...

Um... I don't know what this means, lol. But thanks for leaving a comment! :D