Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Interresting Week So Far...

...and it's only Hump-day!


Got to chat with Gnomey a bit Monday. Weird things are happening in her life. (Not weird in a good way, either.) :(

But she's taking them well.

I got THE GREATEST email from her Tuesday, our FIRST ANNIVERSARY TOGETHER!!! :D

I didn't get to hang with her any, but there are a number of reasons that I know of that might have kept her off-line (3 things from our Monday conversation spring readily to mind). I know she wanted to hang with me Monday because she told her best mate that she wouldn't be going to the pub (as they usually do on Tuesdays). So I know nothing is wrong between us, lol. I just hope whatever is keeping her off-line sorts itself out soon.

My Sweety deserves only HAPPY things in her life!!!

GNOMEY, I LOVE YOU BABY!!! :D x o x o x o


Now, despite wishing I could have hung with my baby yesterday, I was not just moping and sad... I wasn't even a little bit bored, lol.

First off, Tommy came by and brought a toy... The X-Box 360 Elite (or "Premium" or something like that)!!! Cool enough right there, but Brian and I don't have a Hi-Def TV so we weren't able to appreciate the graphics to their fullest.

What made Tommy's bringing the X-Box over cool was the fact that he also brought TRANSFORMERS: THE GAME!!!

Have I mentioned that Brian and I really enjoyed the movie? Brian's a huge Transformers fan from way back. And we also enjoy big summer movies. So TRANSFORMERS was A BLAST for us!

The game is EVEN MORE FUN!!! It's all the action AND the virtual sensations of driving at high speed, transforming in mid-air and beating the antifreeze out of some Decepticons!!! (Or Autobots, if you choise the other side.)

After playing for just a few minutes I ran to Walmart to pick up the PS2 version so Brian & I could continue the magnificent madness after Tommy left.

Also...

Brian & I have new phones!!!

Okay, I'm not really a phone-whore... By that I mean that I never felt I was missing out on anything because I didn't have a camera, or because my phone didn't play mp3s. For it me has always been about having a phone THAT WORKS.

Sprint -- love them as I do, been with them since 1998 -- have treated me HORRENDOUSLY in the past when it comes to phones. (Not phone SERVICE, but the actual devices themselves.)

When I first got my big-as-a-shoe-box old-time-y phone I purchased insurance. This insurance covered EVERYTHING. No questions asked. If I placed my phone in the parking lot under my back tire and intentionally drove over it, I could return the husk and get a brand new phone, no questions asked.

I like having my bases covered. I despise hassle and just want to get on with my life when something breaks down. Gimme a new one and let me get back to what I was doing. (I am almost ALWAYS doing SOMETHING.)

That phone lasted me SEVERAL years! (I wanna say 5 years.)

Then it finally died.

I called, and when I told the Sprint person when I had gotten the phone she sounded genuinely surprised that it had lasted me so long. They sent me a replacement... A sexy, MUCH SMALLER phone that could access a text-only (this was about 2005) version of the Internet!!! I could check movie show times and weather forecasts online! As well as checking my email and looking up words on Dictionary.com!

This was a Kyocera 2255.

It treated me good... for about 60 days.

Unfortunately, my no-questions-asked insurance policy had long been replaced with an almost-no-service-provided policy. (You know, the type of loop-holed-riddled stipulations you've COME TO EXPECT from insurance policies of ANY kind.) I could not possibly get a replacement until after 90 days. Then, after 90 days I was informed that the insurance companies myriad loopholes meant that they wouldn't replace my non-functioning phone. Sprint, however, would be happy to provide me with a mail-in rebate on a $300-$500 phone!

Great... So I pay $300-$500 up front, mail in the rebate, and in 3-5 years I'll get $150 back! Swell!

The problem was that I DIDN'T HAVE $300-$500!!! I couldn't muster $100, much less $300-$500! (The problem with passionately following your Dream is that until you achieve it, you tend to have less money than ANYONE you know.)

The Sprint operator -- sympathetic to my dilemma -- told me that I could add a second line to my account for $10 a month, and I got a free phone with that.

Now THAT was thinking!!!

Moreover, Brian had been using a track phone up until then, and he NEVER had any minutes, somehow. (Don't know how that worked because he never talks on the phone, lol.) So I figured I could hook us both up. (And if, say, I locked my keys in my car, I could call my brother to bail me out, hehe!)

I lost the Net on my phone with the Nokias we got, but those were some reliable phones!

The Brian's phone was stolen. :( And Mom got him a replacement for his birthday last year, but the phone was just a mess of buttons that did who-knows-what, and Brian was longing for his simple, reliable Nokia again.

BUT THEN...

Last week, paying my bill online, I happened to notice that I could upgrade my phones! FREE!!!

I know I've drawn this story out quite long enough already, so here's the chase:

Not only does Brian have a nice, simple, phone with the appropriate amount of buttons that do things he wants them to do, but the phone is Net capable and has a camera! AND... He loves the way it looks!!!

We're rockin' Samsung M300s now, and neither of us could be happier!

And what this has to do with yesterday is this: The phones arrived yesterday. And and hour and a half was spent on the phone getting them activated. (The person I was talking too had their entire computer system crash while we were just almost done activating Brian's phone.)

Okay, now Brian having a phone that (a) works and (b) he LIKES is cool enough for the hour-and-a-half to be worth it.

But also...

I HAVE A PHONE FOR MY PRIMARY NUMBER!!! I haven't had one for YEARS!!! Remember that the reason I got myself a second line is because that was the only way I could afford to get a functional phone! (And I don't have a land-line. My cell phone is my ONLY phone!)

I mean... Now I have a superfluous number, as my secondary number is the number everyone I know knows as my number...

But still... It's just nice to have a phone for BOTH my numbers now!!! I felt resentful and cheated for SOOOO LONG because I owned a line that I could never USE because I couldn't afford a frickin' phone and the insurance I PAY FOR EVERY SINGLE MONTH wouldn't provide a replacement!!!

So Life is kind of rosy and cheery and fresh a new right now, hehe. :)

Now... the down-side of yesterday was that I had to work.

I didn't go in until 2 hours later than my normal shift (a Plus), but that meant I got off work 2 hours later than my normal shift (VERY Minus).

When I went home, I crashed instantly! Seriously, I stepped inside the door and PASSED OUT ON MY FACE!

Okay... I actually made it safely to my bed. But you get the point, yeah?

And the mail continues to be good to me: I pre-ordered KISSology, Vol. 2 from Amazon.com, and it comes out tomorrow, and Amazon is REALLY GOOD about getting pre-orders to you ON the day they're released!!! So I'm looking forward to some KISS tomorrow!

Oh, AND... I got the first 4 discs of Series One of the new Brit show ROBIN HOOD from Netflix!!! That's gonna be cool! I've seen 2 or 3 episodes online, and they rocked! So seeing it on dvd's gonna be really cool! (My baby turned my onto the show! She loves it, and that makes it even cooler, hehe!)

There's a bit of a story about the phones arriving, but I've been doing this for a while and I'm thinking I should get back to work.

So hope all is well with you!!! :D

No comments: