Thursday, July 05, 2007

WHEW!!!

Just finished book three of The Dresden Files, GRAVE PERIL after a 3-day near-marathon!

YIKES that's a rough ride!

"Rough" in the very best senses of the term! It's rough because you care so much about the characters and the author is so skilled at wreaking havock throughout his universe!!!

What's really cool, though, is that having finished the third, book, I'm caught up to the fourth book, which was the first one I read.

Now... Onward and upward!!!

...after a little break, maybe.

I've got 5 (soon to be 6) more novels ahead of me, and following Dresden on his adventures (and misadventures) is SO EXHAUSTING, lol!

Seriously, if you're an empathetic person Jim Butcher really takes your legs out from under you with the abuse he deals Dresdens and those he loves (and by extension, those you love)!

Maybe I'll re-watch the TV show for a bit. (That's a much kinder universe than the novels, lol.)

OOH! Yesterday was the 4th of July!!! So the last 2 episodes of DRIVE aired last night!

Which means they should be on iTunes within the next couple of days!

AND THEN...

After I've seen the last 2 episodes, then rewatched the series all together...

I can read THE FIRST 13 TELEPLAYS on TimMinear.net! Right now there are only the first 4 up, but I've read that 5-13 will be available after the last 2 produced episodes air.

AND, I've read that Tim Minear had planned some closure at Episode 13, so after the frustration that will undoubtedly come from the end of Episode 6, I can then go back and read the teleplays, reading all the way up to a sort of ending.

So that'll be cool.

:)

It's wierd, this should be a Hell Night for me at work (and, to be fair, the night is still QUITE young) but so far I've been able to wrap-up GRAVE PERIL, AND I'm also AHEAD of the work I need to have done before 11:30 pm. I basically have another hour to kill, even AFTER I post this blog entry!

How cool is that?!!

I'm gonna go run around in circles really, really fast.

No comments: