Saturday, December 30, 2006

On the Eve of New Year's Eve...

HOLA, ALL!!!

I discovered that I have my regular weekend off this week WHICH INCLUDES NEW YEAR'S EVE AND NEW YEAR'S DAY!!! (Then I get an extra day off to recouperate, hee-hee!)

And I don't know what YOU'RE doing for New Years, but it looks like Brian and I may be having a 24 New Year's Eve...

Get this, I go to Best Buy to buy CLERKS II -- because I figure that might be a fun thing to watch on New Year's Eve, and I STILL haven't seen it(!!) -- and they, naturally, have TONS of copies of CLERKS... the Criterian Collection... and CLERKS X, the 10th Anniversary Edition... and CLERKS: UNRATED, the animated series...


NO CLERKS II!!!

Well, they had 3 copies... OF THE FULL-FRAME EDITION! FULL-FRAME?!! I mean, why even BOTHER?!! If they're gonna chop off the sides my movie, they should be forced to GIVE the dvd to me FREE! I shouldn't be forced to PAY for HALF a movie!!!

Sorry... I get very frustrated by the mere existence of Full-Frame dvds. I mean, they're dvds! Surely they can give the THE ENTIRE PICTURE!

I'm doing it again. Sorry.

So anyway, I didn't buy the Full-Frame edition of CLERKS II, and I was on my way out of the store when I passed a table FULL of all 5 seasons of the series 24. About 3 years ago I owned the first 2 seasons, and I LOVED them! And Brian dug on the first season, but he never got around to watching the second season.

Then I lost possesion of a bunch of my dvds, including 24... And I was sad.

And every time I get the itch to rejoin Jack Baur on his harrowing adventures I just look at the price tag on a single season ($57.99, or thereabout) and I decide to content myself with with one or five of the dvds I ALREADY own.

And on this table at Best Buy that has all 5 seasons laid neatly out in huge stacks, the sticker prices of each dvd is between $45 and $58 each.

...but BENEATH the stacks, attatched to the table itself, are OTHER sticker prices!!!

"24, The Complete First Season: $19.99", "24, The Complete Second Season: $19.99", "24, The Complete Third Season: $19.99", and so on! ALL 5 SEASONS!!! My buddy Pete hooked me up with Season One, so I scooped up Season's Two through Five!

And today, before I went to bed, Brian and I popped in the first disc of the second season and started watching! (Did I already mention that Brian never got around to seeing the second season before I lost my dvds?)

It was about 8:00 am when we popped in the first disc... And if you remember, Day 2 starts at 8:00 am! So that was kinda groovy! I didn't even notice it; Brian pointed that out this evening.

I went to bed after the first hour. I forced myself since I have work tonight. I ended up waking up way-early, and Brian was on Disc 3 of Day 2! He had just kept watching. One of the reasons I got up when I woke up early is I needed to withdraw some money for rent, so I could go ahead and pay it and not have to worry about it over the holiday. I alwso wanted to get a bit of shopping done before tomorrow night. Then when I got back -- still several hours to go before I had to leave for work -- I sat down and joined Brian in watching hours 6:00 pm through 10:00 pm(ish).

AND talked him into maybe ringing in the New Year with Day 3!

I haven't been able to see my baby in the last couple of days, so I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend with her tomorrow. :( However, she's bound to pass out before I will, as she'll begin her New Years drinkin' 6 hours before I will. So I can spend that time with Jack Baur & my li'l bro!

Good times for all!

And I imagine we'll take a break from time to time to walk out onto the balcony and enjoy the fireworks our neighbors shoot off.

It should be a good night! (All I have to do now is get past the next 6 1/2 hours of my shift...)

No comments: