Saturday, December 16, 2006

Rockin' With Tha HOTTY

I just read my baby to sleep again! :D It's been quite a while since I've been able to do that with her, so it was REALLY NICE for me!!!

This would be my "Friday", but with the holidays upon us the other overnight guy is taking some time off and my boss apparently couldn't find anyone to fill in, so I'll be working the next three nights, and then resume my regular schedule. (I'm hoping I can have next weekend, tho' and enjoy Christmas with my peeps. We'll see how that goes.)

For some reason, tho', knowing that I'm going to work tomorrow, too, made it easier to get to sleep this morning early enough to wake up and spend time online with my Gnomey Goddess!!!

I actually ended up waking up a full hour before I set my alarm! I got to shower and get dressed before coming online.

See, usually she stays up late to see me, and I'm usually in my jammies & robe, with puffy eyes and hair all askew. So it was important to me to wake up early and surprise her, and look good doing so, lol.

It was wonderful!!!

She was very playful tonight -- insisting I need my eyes tested (because I kept going on about how beautiful she is, hehe) and creating bizarre scenarios to get me in for an eye checkup, lol.

At one point, tho', she left me to go wake her mom out of bed and tell her the chickens need their sponge bath and to shave the monkeys. I have no idea why she did that to her poor sleeping mom. (I think my baby may have been drinking a little tonight, lol. Don't tell her I told you.)

She's a strange woman.

But PRETTY!!!

hee-hee

It was cool reading to her again. I started with Chapter 12 of SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH (we still haven't finished that book yet, lol) and by the end of Chapter 13 I could hear her breathing quietly and steadily into the phone. When I asked if she was still with me she didn't respond. So I told her "good-night" and stuff and let her go.

It was ADORABLE!

I know that long-distance relationships are supposed to be hard, but somehow Gnomey makes it easy. And wonderful!!! Maybe it's just the knowlege that if it's THIS great now, it will be a million times sweeter when we're sharing the same continent.

I recently discovered this Texas band called Flyleaf, so after Wendy fell asleep I went to iTunes to see if they had any albums or videos. I found a Christmas single by the band!!! "Do You Hear What I Hear." It's GORGEOUS!!! A very earnest and heartfelt rendition of the song... THAT ROCKS, lol! It's now in my iPod next to Sarah Macglaughlan's "Silent Night".

:)

Okay, I should get to work now. Only 8 more days to go until I'm off again! (Hopefully...)

PEACE & YULE TIDINGS & STUFF!!!

No comments: