Thursday, March 16, 2006

Better Than COFFEE

I learned today that RESIDENT EVIL 4 is the way to wake myself up.

Last night, after woork, I had to get back into the game... Twice. There's this village full of psycho simps wielding axes and scythes and pitchforks, and you HAVE TO take them all on for a long while. It's just part of the game.

Now, if you've ever played RE4, you know that I've just barely started the game. But that's okay, because I'm STILL trying to get used to those frickin' PS2 controls!!!

Anyway, I was drinking last night, so I didn't notice my physiological responses to this game. But this morning I dragged myself out of bed, played the game for a half-hour or more, and I noticed that my heart was RACING when I finally put it down. (I cleared the village once, night before last, but I didn't save it because I had used up all my Herbs and Ammo in the slaughter, so I'm still trying to fight my way through that village.)

So tonight I elected -- difficult as it was -- NOT to play the game until morning. Because that game GETS YOU GOING!!!

You may have read or heard that the human memory cannot distiguish an image in a film from an actual memory. You can test this idea if there's a particular scene -- of any genre or nature -- that you can remember in vivid detail. You can elicit just as powerful a physiological response by the memory of the movie as you can with the memory of something that actually happened to you. (RETURN OF THE KING: "YOU bow to NO ONE." That's one of mine. Man-tears EVERY TIME!)

So the biological responses are fairly open to suggestion, yeah?

Well, I was SO jacked with adrenaline after playing that game!!!

So I figure that the best way to utilize the game is to use it to wake up to, except on days when I don't go into work... Then I'll just ABUSE that game until my thumbs bleed!

This is a really interesting time for me -- though, not necessarily for you -- because I'm co-writing Kelly's story, I've got a little some'in'-some'in' of my own that I'm toying with here and there, and then I've got this NIRVANHA of videogames!!! (If I wanna come down off of RE4 I can play BUFFY for a while, or drive around Springfield, or BE Spider-Man!) And then I'm also working.

If you hop backward in Time on my blog, you'll find that I've been working on projects before. But here's the odd thing for me: I seem to be -- SEEM to be; Time will tell if this perception is correct -- accomplishing QUITE A LOT right now!!!

And what makes that wierd is just how MUCH I seem to be squeazing into every day. Gene Simmons talks about this in his book SEX MONEY KISS, but it's a little surprising to experience it. I mean, I've experienced it before -- there have been many times when we were shooting a short film for 12 hours then going to work for 8; and that doesn't even include when I was a teen in the theatre (mainly because I was a teen and had all that hormonal energy to burn) -- but it surprises me now because I'm 35, and SHOULD be feeling tired from all this activity.

But instead, I feel energized.

I'm guessing this is why people are encouraging you to "follow your bliss", or simply do what you're passionate about, all the time. It really does seem to add hours to your day and give you the energy to FILL those hours!

May YOUR hours be filled with bliss!!! (And shooting zombies, if you're so inclined.)

No comments: