Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bed Time...

I need to get some sleep now, but I just wanted to record here that I spent more time meeting new people in SL today and tonight than I have in RL in FOREVER!!!

And it was really fun!!!

It started out with me hanging with Brina, then Tommy came along, then a woman I met a few days ago (whom I DO NOT know in RL) and the 4 of us hung out and made stuff and fixed stuff, then I hooked up with another woman I met last night, and she introduced me to her friends...

It's been a REALLY SOCIAL day for me!!! And I didn't leave the house!!!

Now, I get that this is sort of antisocial... Only, it's not really...

I mean, in-world the subconscious can't really distinguish between RL and SL... You're seeing stuff, you're hearing stuff, you're doing stuff....

And the people you're surrounded by are like real people -- because they ARE real people, with their own personalities and preferences, and likes and dislikes...

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this, really...

I mean, for 35 years REAL meant material, physical, able-to-be-measured-by-physics. And I knew that stuff you read, or movies you saw or music you listened to made that idea of "real" a bit more maliable. And then a deeper exploration of spirituality sort of inverted that idea.

But Virtual Living... This must be what people in the '60s who experimented with acid and LSD felt like, kind of! Because Reality is really, really unreal for me!

Am I insane?

Aw, who am I kidding? I'm not particularly concerned about my sanity! :) Experience has taught me that 9 times out of 10, insanity is a LOT more FUN :)

No comments: