Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Finally Joined Facebook...

...and man, do I regret it! lol ;P

There's this game, it's called Pirates by Zynga... I have spent the last 5 hours -- I kid you not, 5 hours -- playing it!!! I'm a Level 8 pirate now with a crew of 4.

The beginning of my downfall was this bowling game from Playfish that one of my MySpace friends got me into. (Interestingly enough, it's a MySpace friend whom I met in SecondLife, lol. It's kind of wierd how I'm working my way backward, technologically speaking, from a 3-D game to a Flash animation game to a text adventure, lol.)

I'm a bit embarrassed by how addicting the Pirates game is. I mean, back when I was a teenager and my friends got together and played D&D, I only played a few games before I was too bored to join any more campaigns. And now I'm sitting around the computer, all alone... lol

HOWEVER...!

Facebook has a built-in Chat function!

So while I was raiding ships and plundering fellow pirates, I was also catching up with a cousin and chatting with a fellow game-nerd/Net-junky! :D

So that's a bonus! :)

I mean, if I'm simply gonna sit in front of the computer for hours, I'm 3 or so episodes behind on LOST and I have a new episode of Dollhouse that I could be watching. That's not to mention the 2 books I'm about halfway through and the one I barely cracked open, lol. Plus there's an audio skit I need to record sometime soon. (Hopefully, I'll be posting audio kits up here before too long. More on that as it develops.)

Still, I guess that's what weekends are for, right? Getting lost in some fun diversion and not necessarily accomplishing goals?

Blah.

Here's hoping you get lost in some ridiculously fun diversions!!! :D

No comments: